 Off-Topic / Geek / 4390
Re: Rechargeable Batteries - with correct link :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:01:50 GMT

Peter Newman's utterance expressed in

This is not totally true, im not sure quite what you mean by
brownstone, but NIMH, as TJ is using are chosen by people, especially
digicam users for two reasons, firstly they do not suffer from the
memory effects of NICADS if you don't use them nicely. Secondly unlike
NICADS and to a lesser extent alkalines, NIMH's drop off quite
suddenly hence making them very suitable for TJ's task and also for
digicams giving you lots of usage time. Also as said earlier they come
in higher capacities than NICADS. Hope this clears things up.

Yep - that is what I mean too - sorry if I wasn't clear
about it  :)  In Denmark the old type of non-rechargeable
batteries are called "brunsten" which translated gives
"brownstone". I don't know the proper english term, but
has found them called regular. They are made of a carbon
stick with a zinc powder mix.

As far as I know Lithium Ion batteries are even better
in this area. That's the kind used in both my digicam
and my mobile phone, but if bought in aa or aaa sizes
they are really really expensive  ;(

Just found this page:  http://www.houseofbatteries.com/

Play on!
--
| lars gjerløw jørgensen | lgj[at]jyde[dot]dk  |
| N55 43.184  E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |