 Off-Topic / Geek / 4381
Re: Rechargeable Batteries - with correct link :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:25:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen" <lgjPURGE@jyde.dk>
To: <lugnet.off-topic.geek@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Rechargeable Batteries - with correct link :)
<snip>

</snip>
technically yes... but probably only statistically - when used in one
special way. The energy provided by batteries often depend a lot of the
current drawn from the battery. The trouble about rechargeables is that
they provide the energy somewhat diffferent than alkalines. Alkalines
provide high voltage for a period and then drops suddenly and stops
working. Most rechargeables as well as (brownstone) regular batteries • drops
voltage over a longer period.
This is not totally true, im not sure quite what you mean by brownstone, but
NIMH, as TJ is using are chosen by people, especially digicam users for two
reasons, firstly they do not suffer from the memory effects of NICADS if you
don't use them nicely. Secondly unlike NICADS and to a lesser extent
alkalines, NIMH's drop off quite suddenly hence making them very suitable
for TJ's task and also for digicams giving you lots of usage time. Also as
said earlier they come in higher capacities than NICADS. Hope this clears
things up.

<snip>
</snip>

HTH