 Off-Topic / Geek / 4010 (-20)
  Re: Firefly Fans?

(...) I'm curious about this show, but have to admit that the 2 or 3 times I've sat down to watch it, I wasn't entertained enough to get to the end of the show. I _want_ to like this show, as I really love the concept. But I find the writing and the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Firefly Fans?

(...) I'm curious about this show, but have to admit that the 2 or 3 times I've sat down to watch it, I wasn't entertained enough to get to the end of the show. I _want_ to like this show, as I really love the concept. But I find the writing and the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Firefly Fans?

(...) Considering that space is "the final frontier", it's really unsurprising that the wild west parallels continue to be drawn. It really is a neat show, and I've been enjoying it. (...) Joss Whedon, who makes the show, also created Buffy the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Go Gatchaman B.O.P.!

Those are all the same show..sort of. In the 70's the show was released in Japan as 'Ninja Team Gatchaman'. Shortly thereafter, it was brought to the united states and released here. However, it was deemed too violent for a US cartoon, so it went (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Well, realistically, you want as many existing web sites to work as possible. I can't think of a reason where you'd want to turn on the "treat this pedantically" flag for someone else's site in real life. (...) Do you have an example of what (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

No problem with either cookies or the file extension issues over here. I regularly use Opera to post via the web interface on lugnet and also to shop at Bricklink. I think both use cookies to identify me when I browse around. I'm running Opera 6.01. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) My boss uses Opera (he loves it), but he's found a couple issues with it-- most notably with its apparent inability to maintain cookies. I've never played with it myself, but it will periodically just drop his cookies... Also, IIRC, it had (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Check this out: (URL) In short, Mozilla has three modes: quirks, almost standards, and full standards. If you tell it that you're using strict real HTML, it'll believe you. Otherwise, it'll try to be forgiving. (...) Yeah, but the UI is *so* (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) Yeah, ha ha. True though. HLDITY your friend to make it up? : ) Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) Felis catis, is your taxinomic nomenclature An endothermic quadriped, carnivorous by nature? Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses. I find myself intrigued by your subvocal (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) You know the Model Data General song right? (URL) Better Model by Steven Levine at Apollo Computer Submitted by "Spam" Sung to the tune of "A Modern Major-General" by Gilbert and Sullivan I've built a better model than the one at Data General (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) Very cool, although it also sounds very much like the original auther is filking Gilbert & Sulivan, not Dr. Seuss. :) (try it to the tune of Modern Major General and you'll see what I mean) thanks, James (Whose favorite Dr. Seuss tune is still (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) ROFL!!!! -Tim (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

Hi Sean - Can't say I made it up... a friend sent it to me. I had to share :-) -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) Ya, pretty funny indeed, especially when read out loud. And of course, if you DID make it up, Tim, I am sure Sean's not the only one who wants to know.... (wait for it!) HLDITY? (GD&R) ++Lar (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) (snipped) (...) remindes me of some lines in a computer manual ...when you computer gives an error, it's because: the stack can dip into the heap for just a few cycles and not be caught by the stack sniffer and this is real :-( Very funny Tim! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

LOL. The first and third parts are the best. Did you make that up Tim, or did you find it somewhere? Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash (Read this aloud, if you can!) If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort, and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, then the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Yeah, someone sent this information to me as a private email. And while I do think Mozilla is a great product, esp. for free and with skins and so forth, it seems to have sketchy support for valign in TD tags (esp. in nested tables perhaps, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Netscape Communicator refers to the 4.7x and earlier browser suite, which does not share code with Mozilla. The new product is now just called "Netscape" (as in "Netscape 7.0") and *is* based on Mozilla code. Basically, they take the Mozilla (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact