 Off-Topic / Geek / 3745 (-20)
  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Well, if computer algorithms are patentable, then the algorithms which form the core of a game system should be patentable (after all, a game system is just a "program" for "human computers"... Really, if you think about it, what is the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Good freeware newsreader for OS X?

There's also Thoth, but it might not be any nicer. (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Good freeware newsreader for OS X?

I hope you can help me. I'm looking for a good freeware newsreader that runs under Mac OS X. I tried the newsreader built into Netscape 6, but Netscape is too slow on my machine. I tried another newsreader, MT Newswatcher, it worked good, but it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Doh! Sorry. (...) I don't know about patents, but I have read several discussions that suggest that a game's core mechanics can not be protected IP, that only the turn of phrase with which they are explained and fleshed out can be (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) I don't think that's true -- the traffic impacts them directly. It's just a certain amount of work to configure, not to mention a moving target. We'll get there eventually. (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) Yeah; the people making the notifiers didn't think of that, obviously. (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Solid Aluminum 2x4 Bricks!

I've finally made enough aluminum bricks to start selling them. For product info, go to: (URL) if you want some cool wallpapers, go here: (URL) by late next week, I'll be making some into keychains and engraving them. Enjoy! --Bram Bram Lambrecht (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !!

  Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND Windsor

(...) Huw is the new SlashDot - Beware! Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Crud, you managed to respond to the one I realized was wrong and canceled... (...) There's quite possibly some slight errors. I remember the guy claimed you needed high precision computation to generate the table, it's possible he was using a (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) Um, it seems that you didn't. But I have included them and set FUT there. (...) MS Excel which is what I've been playing with to try to engineer this system. (...) Ah...there's the key. Like you say, the curve is way too steep at +/-1. I think (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) What the mail server should be doing isn't informing the "from", since the from header is easily forgable, as anyone who gets spam knows. What they should be doing is sending the warning back to the offending ISP or forwarder. You can verify (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) And I just got an e-mail from a mail server informing me that it had removed a virus from an e-mail I "sent"... Great, so how much additional traffic is going to be generated by this virus? I'm all in favor of mail servers stripping viruses (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

Geek warning: the following description is starting to get pretty geeky. I've set follow-ups to lugnet.off-topic.geek, see you there if you want to continue discussion... (...) Ok, First, for those who want to go into more depth of the math, you (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

Hi All, YES, I'M THE ONE :( I share a computer with my wife and she opened up an attachment and KABOOM... SORRY!!!! virus name = W32.Sircam.Worm@mm virus ...here's some info on the virus: (URL) cleean up easily for me. BUT please don't open any (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) What bugs me the most is that I know that it's sending out forged e-mails apparently from my e-mail address, and there's not a thing I can do about it. (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

I also received a copy of the virus from Steve Barile. I have had email contact with him and he knows he is infected. I'm getting rather annoyed myself at the volume of W32.Klez viruses I am getting. I have a remove utility and am aware of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) I wasn't getting that one, but I have received three notes from Steven Barile infected with W32.SirCam which you can read about at: (URL) copied this note to .trains and .trains.org.scltc because those are the only groups posted to by Mr. (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Yay, wireless

I purchased a Linksys wireless router some time ago for the cable modem and the computers upstairs. And now I've got Airport in the Powerbook so I'm online in the Lego room! Now I can process Bricklink baggies without fetching them upstairs. The (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) (URL) (the company that produces Norton AntiVirus) has a comprehensive database of all known virii and many virii hoaxes. So do the makers of McAffee's Virusscan and InnoculateIt. James (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Possible virus sending large emails?

(...) I got an email recently .(like in the past hour) It was in my yahoo/Lego account. It was the W32.klez virus. It was saved as an attachment that was labeled ':Re_' or something like that, along with 3 safe (but empty) txt files. The email was (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact