 Off-Topic / Geek / 1550
Re: Recreational vehicles and more questions about the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:40:37 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@yahoo.com> writes:

Straying dangerously off-topic... this is something you can try at
home kids!  Assuming you have at least 4 sets of wheels, a few longer
bricks and a hinge :)

Yes, I thought of this as well.  If all four wheels are directed the
same way, you could pull it back and forth, but if you try to pull it
from an angle (as would happen if you make a turn), you would get a lot
of friction.

Of course, cars don't have all four wheels directed the same way.  But
if the front wheels were turnable, I wouldn't bet on them following the
path of the RV pulling them.

Fredrik

But they do.  You can flat tow (all 4 wheels down) and the steered
wheels
do track without a problem.  Most times you put some kind of bungee cord
on the steering wheel to hold it in the center position, they after a
turn,
the bungee cord helps in returning the steering wheel to the centered
position.

Paul Foster