 Off-Topic / Geek / 1541
Re: Recreational vehicles and more questions about the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Eric Joslin writes:

It's just the same as a big truck with a trailer.  Nothing turns the wheels
on
the thing being towed, it just follows the thing pulling it.

Straying dangerously off-topic... this is something you can try at home kids!
Assuming you have at least 4 sets of wheels, a few longer bricks and a hinge
:)

S'funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing as I typed. :D

It's a perfect example of what some people call "Generica", a term for how
you can find the same things in all parts of the US.

Great term - thanks! :)

You're welcome.

Actually, I was shocked by the spread of Generica to Europe as a whole.  Last
April I was in two seperate Gap stores in Paris (not my idea...).

I have to say that I've never shopped in the Gap, for a variety of reasons:

i) 'Khaki Pants' means something entirely different in toilet-humour drenched
UK. The Gap have mercilessly invaded UK culture with an annoying advertising
campaign, forever making the phrase "He wears khaki pants" not as amusing as
it once was.

Eh?  Explain.  I'm unfamiliar with this slang.

Personally, I drop into the Gap every one in a while for a) jeans (blue or
black, I just like Gap jeans) and b) to have a look at the sales rack.
Anything that the Gap-loving hordes didn't snatch up deserves a second look at
a bargain price.

eric