 Off-Topic / Geek / 1097
Re: Is it possible to run Win98 and WinNT on the same machine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:27:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Selçuk Göre writes:
We recently purchased I-DEAS CAD software which requires WinNT to run. Being
CAD operator, I'm the one who should change his OS. I'm get used to Win98 and
don't want to migrate fully to NT. So, is it possible to run both Win98 and
WinNT on the same machine (from two different partitions, of course)? Does
WinNT have a boot manager like OS/2 had? Do you know any sharware/freeware • boot
managers that can do the job?

I hope someone here could answer this. Thank you very much..:-)

Yes it is possible to run both OSses on one machine.
First create a partition for Win98 (FAT16) and install Win98.
After that run WinNT setup, the setup allows you to configure the other
partitions and installs a bootselector.

I believe NT4 setup even offers the option to install next to Win98. So the
order to install is first 98 then NT.

-Frank