 Off-Topic / Geek / *2065 (-20)
  Re: ICQ searching

(...) nod... I just have ICQ open all the time anyway, so for most things, it's easier to send off an ICQ msg than to find my lugnet/quickset bookmark... :) Dan (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: ICQ searching

(...) Wow! So, ok. You were *really* bored :) Cool anyhow but I'm not sure if it's that practical since you need Internet access anyhow and then a launch of a webbrowser is easier then to find ICQ and the user BrickInfo. I love the idea though, it (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  ICQ searching

hey all - I was bored today. well, kinda. so I came up with an ICQ based lego set search. What you do, add 91890482 (BrickInfo) to your ICQ list (and ignore any auth stuff). Then, send it a message with a set number: Message to BrickInfo Thu Sep 21 (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) For those of a mathematical disposition, I vaguely remember an article on the subject of building computing logics out of train tracks in 'Eureka' (the annual journal of the Cambridge University undergraduate math society, the Archimedeans) a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) If NOT is reversing direction, than 1 is forward and 0 is back. (Or the other way around; whatever.) But I'd be curious to hear how you envision more complicated logic! (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Modelling boolean gates with trains

Okay, this might be totally impossible (or insane or banal), but has anyone modelled boolean functions on a train layout (System or Duplo)? At the moment I'm thinking "train on the line"=1, "not on the line"=0. NOT could be done by reversing the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego New is Up (and ALREADY a mistake)

(...) Calling it a bug was just me being annoyed. I'm a relatively old geezer who has been programming computers for 25+ years. I miss the days when you could understand pretty much everything your computer was doing, along with how and why. My (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: www.ldraw.org

(...) Or "traceroute" if you're running unix. (Including the new Mac OS X).... (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: www.ldraw.org

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:22:11 -0600, Rui Martins wrote (in message <Pine.GSU.4.10.10009...0@is-sv>): (...) to try to get an idea of where your packet has to go to get to ldraw.org, try typing this from your command prompt (my apologies to those (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Lego New is Up

(...) I had the same problem trying to use iCab to access it - it worked fine once I told iCab to pretend it was Netscape. (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Can't get Linux NQC to compile/Run

(...) Ok, here is the scoop. I've done the following tests... Installed Red Hat 6.2 Both rpm's worked just fine. (pre compiled & source) Installed Mandrake 7.1 as a 'Developer' (w/ Extension CD) Pre Compiled rpm failed. Same error. Compiled rpm (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  flash (was Re: legoland.co.uk attack)

(...) Well, there is a flash 4 player for Linux from Macromedia, and there's also an open-source flash 3 player. (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) An 'Ethical' cracker? IMO he didn't want' to obstruct the site although I cant find a thorugh link on the mirror (hmm?). He also does have a point regarding DeCSS, Why should we have to PAY a certian company in Seatlle a small fortune to be (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) That looks like THE Millennium Falcon (URL) usually not a starwars fan, but this one had me impressed. Jürgen (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Two people seeing two different web sites

(...) This is probably it in this case. But there's another possibility too: The website name could actually point to multiple web servers, which might be updated at different times. You could even be redirected to different addresses depending on (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Lego New is Up

(...) I get that error all the time with lynx -- it's usually just a warning and Lynx copes with it. However, this ends up doing something else weird: it eventually dumps me at: [ERROR.GIF] No cookie. To access this site your browser must be (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Two people seeing two different web sites

(...) To extend the list of resons: They might have changed the IP to the servern in the primary DNS and your computer alt. your DNS haven't got it yet. (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Two people seeing two different web sites

(...) well, it could be caused by a number of reasons: The web server might actually be serving different versions of the page to different people - according to browser type, how you got there, what ip you have, what cookies you have... etc. If (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Two people seeing two different web sites

How can two systems, each with a cleared cache, see two different versions of the same web site? Yes, I am talking about the infamous www.lego.com i.e. I have seen references to links in the Lego web site that people have made but I get an under (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Uncle Bill's new toy

"Tobias Möller" <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message news:39C12BEB.CD41A6...lia.com... (...) Windows 2000 is Windows NT 5, but MS decided to rename it. They've moved some bits around and added new features (eg. EFS) but the core is still based (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact