 Off-Topic / Geek / 2047
2046  |  2048
Subject:
Two people seeing two different web sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:42:26 GMT

How can two systems, each with a cleared cache, see two different versions of
the same web site?

Yes, I am talking about the infamous www.lego.com

i.e. I have seen references to links in the Lego web site that people have made
but I get an under construction page.

I realize that eventually I will see the new site, but I would like to know how
this type of thing happens. Is it due to multiple servers that provide the same
domain? And different machines log onto a different server? (an uneducated
guess)

Come on you web junkies, including Todd :-), give me your best opinions!

Jude