 Off-Topic / Geek / 2063
2062  |  2064
Subject:
ICQ searching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:24:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

hey all - I was bored today.  well, kinda.  so I came up with an ICQ
based lego set search.  What you do, add 91890482 (BrickInfo) to your
ICQ list (and ignore any auth stuff).  Then, send it a message with a
set number:

Message to BrickInfo
Thu Sep 21 18:16:38 2000 [D--]

8880

Message from BrickInfo
Thu Sep 21 18:16:40 2000 [D-U]

Record: 8880-1    Set: 8880
Name: Super Car
Theme: LEGO / TECHNIC  Year: 1994
Pieces: 1343  Figures: 0
Picture? No  MSRP:

Link: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8880_1

you can even do multiple queries, like "3033-1 6075".

I haven't put any word searches there yet, so if you send it anything
that doesn't look like a set number (say, "foobar"), you'll get a
random set :)

let me know what you think, or even if you tried it :)

Dan