 Off-Topic / Fun / 7772
Re: Hip Deep in Evil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:51:07 GMT

I'm a bit "defensive" because I've watched the pilot episode in its
entirety. The show is funny, and true to the flavor of the Tick. Take a bit
of assurance from the fact that Ben Edlund is involved with the production. • ...
~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Hey Muffin Head, long time no see! (Busy with an online tournament... anyone
heard of Unreal, for the Dreamcast? Great fun!)

I too watched the pilot. At first I was confused how there 'same' characters
were there, but not (till my bud explained how Fox owned the rights to the
cartoon characters... dang, no Sewer Urchin. Maybe they'll make a 'Drain
Man'?). But Batmanuel is hilarious, and the way the guy who plays the tick
(can't be bothered to look up his name, but you know who I mean... voice of
Buzz lightyear, voice of wheelchaired father on Family Guy, actor from
Seinfed and News Radio...)just nails it is perfect.

BatManuel: "...You know what I mean?"
Tick:"Nope!" (no, it's not funny unless you know the context. I DON"T wanna
give anything away).

Or when the Tick says "None comprehended!" with such glee (again, not going
to give the joke away... trust me)

But yeah, the whole episode was hilarious. Wished it was longer than a half
hour format, but oh well, that's comedy.

I can't wait.

Mark W.