 Off-Topic / Fun / 7761
Re: Hip Deep in Evil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:12:37 GMT

Mark & All,

Yes, read it again. I saw the link, it doesn't look like the Tick. The Tick
is HUGE. American Maid and Deflator mouse (If that is him) does not look
like the characters either (From the cartoon show, folks, if they referenced
something else, I don't know)

The Tick is still quite a bit larger than the other characters. I do think
it's a bit silly that you're limiting your opinion to cartoon size
characteristics.

I think it's a bit silly you're getting all defensive. I have seen a bunch
of things, whether they have been comic books, video games, or books, that
got translated into a film or movies, that are a total waste of film.

"American Maid" and "Die Fledermaus" are characters owned by Fox Kids, and
for whatever legal reason, could not be translated to the live action show.
The characters you see are Captain Liberty and BatManuel. They generally
fill the same roles as A.M. and D.F. but they have a more antagonistic
love/hate relationship which should be good for some humor.

Ah, I see.

It is one of those cartoons or video games to movies or TV I don't think it
will translate well at all. There have been a few that were OK, but, we
shall see.

Perhaps you should watch it before making snap judgments?

Well, that's my *initial* observation, not a final judgment or "snap
judgment". What I said was "we shall see" meaning I will watch it, if
possible, to see what it is. I would love it if it was great!

I think you are taking this a little seriously just because I have
reservations on this process, which has been tone badly in previouis attempts.

Scott S.
--

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head