 Off-Topic / Fun / 7747
Re: Hip Deep in Evil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:35:08 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn at ssanburn@indalex.com wrote:

matthew & All,

They are attempting to make the tick into a real person show? Ugh, the guy
doesn't even remotely look like the Tick.

WHAT!?!?!?

Yes, read it again. I saw the link, it doesn't look like the Tick. The Tick
is HUGE. American Maid and Deflator mouse (If that is him) does not look
like the characters either (From the cartoon show, folks, if they referenced
something else, I don't know)

The Tick is still quite a bit larger than the other characters. I do think
it's a bit silly that you're limiting your opinion to cartoon size
characteristics.

"American Maid" and "Die Fledermaus" are characters owned by Fox Kids, and
for whatever legal reason, could not be translated to the live action show.
The characters you see are Captain Liberty and BatManuel. They generally
fill the same roles as A.M. and D.F. but they have a more antagonistic
love/hate relationship which should be good for some humor.

<snip>

He's a big guy, with just
the right voice. He is Tick-y Perfection!

It is one of those cartoons or video games to movies or TV I don't think it
will translate well at all. There have been a few that were OK, but, we
shall see.

Perhaps you should watch it before making snap judgments?

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego