 Off-Topic / Fun / 7751
Re: Hip Deep in Evil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:28:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, William R. Ward writes:
Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> writes:
"American Maid" and "Die Fledermaus" are characters owned by Fox Kids, and
for whatever legal reason, could not be translated to the live action show.
Fox Kids?  I'm confused.  Is The Tick (the cartoon) still on?  It used
to be on Comedy Central, but I haven't seen it in years.  You mean I
could have been watching it ALL THIS TIME?  *bangs head against wall*

I don't believe anyone is showing The Tick:TAS at this moment. There are
several tapes, I believe.

What Mark was referring to, is that there are new characters in the live
action show, similar to characters from TAS, but changed due to copyright
issues. I was a bit up in arms about the change at first myself, but Bat
Manuel and Captain Liberty seem OK enough. At least Edlund is still
involved, so the comedy level should remain the same. Just think of this as
'Ultimate Tick'.

Matt