 Off-Topic / Fun / 695
Re: Attention Lugnet Philosophers! A quandry....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:05:42 GMT

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:31:32 GMT, Tom McDonald uttered the following
profundities...

Not that I'm rating Space Port, but it seems rather unfulfilling to admit that
one is complete in a theme that one does not find to be his favorite. (Isn't
that a Confuscian proverb or something? :)

Just a vague, random thought. No, 'tisn't my favourite theme, but I did rate
highly some of the smaller sets, and besides, there are those great astro-
naut mini-figs! Besides, being in the UK it would be difficult to be theme-
complete in any theme, especially due to the numerous promo sets, limited
release sets, etc.
I was quite fond of Adventurer's, and have all of the
Egyptian themed ones (except one S@H set). The jungle based theme is, IMO,
not worth it. I shall actually be patient and wait for one of the extra-
ordinarily rare sales before I get any of the bigger sets, and won't
bother with the blimp, probably at any price. Trés disappointing
overall......

IMO, to be "complete", you need to have a complete set, with all pieces and
all instructions for each and every set number that is made, even if set
numbers vary, regardless of the intended country/region of issue.
<snipped numerous points, but only in the interest of brevity!>
For me, possession of a set is the pieces and the instruction book. To have
the box is a bonus, and polybags are only important if they are
pre-printed, but not relevant for me to "possess" a set. (I really, really hate
pre-printed polybags. Now I feel obliged to keep them, rather than throw them
away. There is one of the reasons for increased set prices alone...rather
than generic bags, they create special ones.......)

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/