 Off-Topic / Fun / 694
Re: Attention Lugnet Philosophers! A quandry....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:05:36 GMT

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 03:24:56 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following
profundities...
There is a thread about this on RTL at the mo too. I think if you went
for complete completeness, you'd have to get each set of the theme in
every different package (that is, language) it was ever released in.
still have 600 messages to wade through over there. Go away for a week,
fall very far behind. I have only read 20 or so of the other 800
messages disposed of!
I could never be theme complete in those themes I desire (LC, Exploriens)
based on the most stringent interpretations...some sets are released only in
incredibly obscure places, and I am not too interested, usually, in the
accessory packs. And space port....at least buying some of the smaller
sets I get more astronauts......

And even the most fanatical of us feel that's a bit much.

I'd say I'm mono complete because I have every mono set, every accessory
set, and every service pack (the motor and the direction control track,
and the white battery box) that is mono related. Some are from the US,
some from Germany with German printing, and some from OZ but that
doesn't matter to me.

Hello Richard,

Sounds like a fun/deep thread.  You might consider re-starting it in
lugnet.general -- it's not an "off-topic" topic.  The lugnet.off-topic.*
hierarchy is for non-LEGO discussions.

I did, but this was a thread that I had thought (hoped) might veer off-topic
anyway, if enough participation resulted (Space program type stuff, etc....),
and so thought I might save someone the trouble of redirecting it!!
So what you're saying, Tood, if I understand you, is that this thread is
off-topic for off-topic?? LOL

--Todd

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/