 Off-Topic / Fun / 6403
Re: Three New Train Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

First off, the thread is about 8 wide cars,

I'm sorry, did I say it wasn't? :-)  I doooon't THIINK so... You got away
with your advocacy *this time* because it WAS relevant. My warning is to
preclude you in future should you be tempted during a *non* relevant thread.

BUT, when admonishing me for "the next time" I gratuitously mention 8
wide, you  *imply* that it was thusly *this* time as well.

No, I don't believe I did make that implication. If you drew that inference
where it wasn't implied, I'd say that was sloppy, imprecise, non critical
thinking on your part.

Sloppy, imprecise language is
the bane of clear communication... oh well >;^D

Well, you're certainly the expert from long practice on sloppy language,
aren't you? Me, I prefer to know it when I see it rather than know it when I
say it.

Program note:  Lar and I are just whorsing around:-)

Indeed. Hence my repeated setting of FUT .fun...

BTW, this being a family forum, I am glad you didn't inadvertantly omit the
"s"... While I won't deny that I may have done that in the past it wasn't
what's going on here.

Although I must say, the way you pander all good taste and sensibility in
your quest for 8 wide converts does make one wonder just how far you'd go in
order to secure a new "wider is better" convert.

Me, I think "longer is better" but, as they say, different strokes for
different folks.

Hope that helps.

++Lar