 Off-Topic / Fun / 6278
Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer" Fight Club Spoilers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:33:17 GMT

Gee Eric, you give away the big plot twist of the movie in the brief preview
here on LUGNET. Well fine then, two can play...

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Maggie shot Mr Burns. Germany and Japan
lost World War II. Stormtrooper minifigs will be released in the 2001 line.
Todd likes Suz!!!

How does it feel now, eh?

Jude ;-)

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:

Haven't read the novel.  I wasn't too wowed by the message, which has been
done to death elsewhere (perhaps the novel preceded that, but the film
presented nothing new to me in that way.)  That whole treatment of identity
is a foundation piece of postmodernism, so in that regard the movie's simply
following a trend.

I actually think that the point of the movie had little to do with the
"surprise" of Tyler Durden and {Narrator} being the same person.  To me, it
said a lot about the way humans are living in the modern world.

<snip>