 Off-Topic / Fun / 6276
Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer" Fight Club Spoilers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:53:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:

That's how the movie came across to me--that everyone in it was suspending
his/her respective disbelief just to accomodate Ed and Brad's characters,

I won't go into the suspension of disbeleif thing again, but I will add
something I forgot in the first post- as much as I like the film, my suspension
of disbeleif is strained by watching Brad Pitt deliver a speech about how he's
learning he's never going to be a rock star or a movie god.

I might be interested to read the novel, but I don't think my assessment
of the film will be changed.  When was the novel written?

Gah.  I don't have it here at work with me or anything, but I know it didn't
take long to get picked up and made into a movie.

One thing that is interesting is that the movie and the book have *markedly*
different endings.  The author of the novel, Chuck Palanhiuk (sp?) says he
loved the movie's ending, though.

eric