 Off-Topic / Fun / 6266
Re: LEGO Theatrical "trailer"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:22:25 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.year.2001, Eric Joslin writes:

I guess it's all about setting your expectations correctly when deciding what
movie to see.  I wasn't expecting American Beauty or Fight Club (both of
which
really had something to say, IMHO).  I wasn't even expecting Raiders of the
Lost Ark or Die Hard.  I was just expecting to have a laugh and a good time,
and I did.

Taste is, of course, an individual matter,

Ayup.

but since the movie was
attempting to be about D&D, it was beholden in large measure to the spirit
of the game.

That's true.  Like I said, that was the biggest disappointment about the movie.

Having said that, I have to say that Fight Club was one of the most
overblown, overdone, and overlong pieces of film I've ever seen.

Hmm.  Have you read the novel?  What did you think was overblown or overdone
about it?  Did you not like the basic premise?  Did you feel that it's basic
message was counter to your own feelings about life?

eric