 Off-Topic / Fun / 5719
Re: Harry Potter and young people's books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:46:40 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

Oh, and I forgot _Dune_ by Frank Herbert.

I think you forgot the corpus of Asimov short stories--they made a huge
impression upon me as a teen, when the stories were already 25 years
old, because the lessons and principles are really timeless.  They've
collected the stories into several volumes, which are great for slowly
lengthening kids' attention spans!

best

LFB