 Off-Topic / Debate / 6254
Re: Harry Potter and young people's books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:05:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
some of my favorites:

Bridge to Terabithia - by Katherine Paterson
Where the Wild Things Are - by Maurice Sendak
The Giving Tree - by Shel Silverstein

I also liked the Chronicles of Narnia.. but i haven't read them in ages. • Bridge
to Terabithia and The Giving Tree always make me cry, so I can't read them • very
often... but I love Where the Wild Things Are and I even have a copy in hebrew
:)

(will think of more later) :)

I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to my son a few years ago.  It was
okay, but that was about it.  The Hobbit was much more to my taste.

Where the Wild Things Are is a great illustrated book.  Loved it.

I've read A Light in the Attic by Silverstein, but not The Giving Tree.  I'll
put him on my list (kickstarting my brain was part of the purpose of this).

Not familiar at all with the Bridge to Terabithia.  I'll give it a look-over at
the bookstore when I get a chance.  Thanks!

Bruce