 Off-Topic / Debate / 6250
Re: Harry Potter and young people's books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:55:36 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
So where am I going with this?  I'm interested in peoples' non-adult favorite
books (be it Harry Potter or otherwise).  I'd have to say that Lloyd
Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain (The Book of Three, The Black Cauldron, The
High King, etc.) remain my favorite.  Great writing, memorable characters, fun
to read, but still had a point to make.

Great subject!

My favorite kids books (many I still have from when I was a kid)...

Narnia, fist and foremost, especially The Last Battle
all the Swallows and Amazons books
Many Rudyard Kipling books, esp Puck of Pook's Hill (*still* gives me
goosebumps) and its sequel, Rewards and Fairies, and the 2 Jungle Books
Moomintroll
Pooh

Kevin
I will be away from Aug 1st to Aug 7th. Payments received during that
time will be processed on Aug 8th and packages mailed August 8th and
9th.
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit
http://kevc.bricksmiths.com/cat-mrkt.htm