 Off-Topic / Fun / 3678
Re: Wrong Trousers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 02:38:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Well, Cartoon Network ran a Wallace and Gromit Marathon (didn't take
long, did it?...) on Sunday.

Needless to say, I (and my kids) clearly have been underappreciating
this stuff, having never have been lucky enough to actually see it
before. We all just aboud died laughing.

Also needless to say, I went straight to the net and found the best
price I could on the videos and they're on order from Amazon (they have
a 3 pack for about 17 USD).

Great stuff.

I just want to know why they ran them in the wrong order, they ran Wrong
Trousers first, and ran Grand Day second.

I ALSO want to know if there is any David Letterman connection (his
company is called Worldwide Pants...)?

If you think they're funny, you should see some of the other stuff. When I was
posted in Darwin I saw a couple of Aardman collections and they were
brilliant. Some of them nearly had me on oxygen just to breath normally. I
haven't seen any of the other stuff for sale, nor have I seen it advertised in
any other cinemas.

Perhaps someone in the UK can help out here. They are truely classic pieces of
work.

I also understand there is a new Aardman animation coming out soon called
Chicken Run, with the voice tallents of Mel Gibson amongst others. I've seen
the shorts to it and it looks brilliant. Similar humor and animation to the
W&G series (with Nick Park at the helm, what else would you expect).

Pete Callaway