 Off-Topic / Fun / 3448
Re: Dino Names (was: Tricerablock's horns)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 06:59:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:

P.P.S  What dinosaur has the longest name?  (being somewhat behind on the
news, I could have this one wrong.  It is a small dinosaur with a one word
name)

Is this a question you don't know the answer to, or a trivia question? I'll
assume the latter. Is it procompsognathus? That's 16 letters, which qualifies
as "long" in my book.
Greg "He betrayed the irregular hunters and hid himself in a cave." Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html

hey guys ~

since dino research is my middle name these days...,

i believe  jeff is refering to chuandongocoelurus (18 letters), one of the
small mid-jurrasic coelurids found in sichuan, china.
china is also the home of what i think is longest named dino, the prosauropod,
chinshakiangosaurus, capping out at 19 letters!

uh.. i think i just outed myself as total dino-geek...

later ~craig~