 Off-Topic / Fun / 1719
Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 11:56:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Mike Stanley writes:

I'm rambling, and it's late.  Maybe we can be non-controversial about
this, maybe not.  Maybe in another year or two SeriousCollector will
have grown in popularity enough to offset the millions of people who
use eBay, or maybe Lugnet will have achieved the kind of targeted
brandname recognition it needs and the auction capabilities will show
up and be what I dream about.  Maybe.  Or maybe some people will
continue to condemn and vilify those who use eBay without offering any
acceptable alternatives.  Who knows?

Isn't vilify a great word?  It's got to be one of my favorite words, right up
there with defenestrate, and erticate.

"Shut up, cretin, I'm vilifying you!"

I may have the wording not quite right (the book isn't in front of me), but can
anyone source that quote?

<grin>  It's obscure, but Lugnet's crosssection might catch it...

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/