 Marketplace / Theory / 46
Re: No really - a rational discussion of people selling via eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 02:31:12 GMT

Janet Zorn <lighthouse@bonzai.net> wrote:
That is what makes ebay so great, more sets are available because the
internet is able to create a larger market and even out the supply.
Sets that
TLG sold only in certain countries are much easier to get now than
before
ebay. And as Mike said, the large size of ebay with lots of potential
traders
attracts both buyers and sellers.

The thing I don't understand is, how are the prices for some things
staying so consistently high?  I've seen more Guarded Inn's go through
eBay in the last few months than I remember seeing on RTL in the last
year or more, all at a very high price.

Then again, the Launch Command triple pack I just auctioned off sold
for just over $36, which I consider to be a fairly low price
considering the fact that I've seen some people sell the largest set
in that pack for about that much, more than once.

The 1967 went for around $26, about average based on what I've seen
them go for before.  Luckily I still have several of those, so I have
the choice of either selling off some more of them or breaking them up
and keeping the BK set and selling the other sets individually, which
will probably bring less money.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide