 Off-Topic / Fun / 10572
Re: PS2 or XBox?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:53:56 GMT

snip

You may want to take a look at the LUGNET terms of use, in particular • point 5 of
the Discussion group terms (http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement), • and
decide for yourself if your advocacy of using Kazaa to obtain things • (which you
apparently acknowledged are illegally obtained, upthread) violates the • part of
the ToS where you are not allowed to post in a manner "encouraging conduct • that
would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or • otherwise
violate any local, state, national, or international law."

I don't know if it's a ToS violation or not to advocate using Kazaa to get • 800
games that you didn't pay for, it's not totally clear to me, but I suspect • it
might be.

Well... wery often downloading and using is not a criminal act, but sharing
ripped games to others is.
I do not think anyone in the industry really cares about the old videogames,
as they are not produced or sold anymore.
So it is not a question of "stealing" something because no one is selling
them.

Someone has the legal right to sell them, but they dont. There is no profit
in doing so. But if any other person or company other than the one owning
the rights would start to sell them without the proper rights to do so, then
there would probably be profitable to bring it to court.

Probably comparable with sharing instructions of old Lego-sets... There is a
limit of what you "morally" can do without facing charges, if you do not
step outside this "moral" then you are on the safe side.

It sounds to me that you have to much time on your hands this X-mas. ;-)

/J