 Off-Topic / Fun / 10567
Re: PS2 or XBox?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:49:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erick Jensen wrote:
My 2 cents are as follows.... I'm and old school gamer, I grew up on
atari and

PS Gamecube is crap.  The Zelda title is only worthwhile thing
nintendo • has made
in the last year.  The box is small and only takes baby cds so it's
not a dvd

I love my GameCube and have found plenty of "old school" goodness like
Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, F-Zero, Metroid Prime. And you can't beat the
recent freak, the old-schooler-than-thou Viewtiful Joe. The GameCube supporters
believe that videogame fun should be derived from solid gameplay rather than
running over hookers in your car. (Also, playing DVDs and making toast are not
considered to be gameplay enhancements by those of us in the know.) The true
"hardcore" should be supporting what is good for the industry.

This is not a GameCube ad though; Get your kids a PS2, as it's the safest route
to go. (Unless you are absolutely sure that they want a particular game for one
of the other systems.)

An analogy can be made with a certain plastic building toy. Even if *we* all
know that the high-quality fit of Lego products is best, their product line does
not always adhere to what the kids are finding trendy nowadays. Meanwhile, the
competitors might have all the nifty military sets, a Power Rangers license,
etc. It's all surely very tempting to the kids, and you can bet that the kid
down the block already has them and your kids want to fit it. You could buy your
children some fine Lego sets for Christmas, but don't say I didn't tell you so
when your kids come crying to you, asking why their minifigs don't have AK-47s.

Good luck to everyone, and enjoy your new holiday videogames, whichever you
choose! (Along with the requisite plastic building toys, of course.)