 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 981 – 1000 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) A judicial branch that is beholden to the son of an ex-president doesn't seem like much of a check and balance, but in theory.... (...) I thought the X-Files was cancelled? (...) Wrong Texan (not that I'd count Mr. Preppy as a real Texan). (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The War That Never Ends

(...) Well, no, the Barbary Pirates were like cockroachs. They hung around for quite some time despite numerous people trying to wipe them out. Once the Pax Brittanica began they were finally surpressed (another parallel for your example with the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) I am looking at this as a vision for the future that some influential people have, and I don't like it. (...) There doesn't have to be. (...) Hmm. I don't know. The vision of "hybrid-man" sounds narcissistic and selfish-- not generally known (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!

Terry is 100% right. One thing though: the details of the anti-war side are hard to discuss because every point is at least a sub-argument. Nothing is a given because some things remain speculative because the only available knowledge is outside (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Bye, bye Canada

(...) Do you speak French? If not, I guess you don't speak to the vast majority of people here that speak French as their natural language, that have no idea that there is a Canadian culture (most people here wouldn't know that Avril Lavigne, Bryan (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: La belle province

(...) No oppressed socially, but politically. Our rights as humans are well respected, if that's what you mean. No problem there. (...) Yep, that's 100% true. We don't consider ourselves as martyrs. We are pretty happy about our situation, even if (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set

(...) As with all these little morality puzzles, we don't have enough facts to conclude that. For all we know, Heinz skipped buying health insurance to cover the drug because he wanted to go bowling, or because he needed the money to pay his last (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  And now, for a tottally different subject...

Hi all, Some while back, I remember having read on the newspaper about the LEGO concentration camp controversy, and some of the debate about it; well, today I saw a similar use of LEGO, at least in its intention. I was watching the news on TV, and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) Hey all, (Note the FUT-off-topic-debate). I'm a bit nervous about jumping into this because there are already strong opinions expressed on both sides by people I respect, but here goes. I have to admit confusion: A MOC based on a fictional (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !

political
(score: 1.604)

  Newsbits -- the Usual

9/11 Commission Could Subpoena Oval Office Files (URL) "It's obvious that the White House wants to run out the clock here," he said in an interview in Washington. "It's Halloween, and we're still in negotiations with some assistant White House (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Christopher Weeks wrote in message <380B0F8D.112B4FA6@e...se.net>... (...) may (...) it (...) given (...) road, (...) I gotta agree - if somebody dies because of a person's actions, whether intended or not, they are still dead. Instead of locking (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

I, too, appreciate your pride in your service. But as to "top of the food chain," I have to disagree. I will admit that, to a certain extent, the Marines are an "elite" force, and this is precisely why they are not "at the top of the food chain." No (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Hold your fire?

(...) <snip good ref material> My point exactly. They're just different thugs, not necessarily *better* thugs. If I had 4 choices: 1. do nothing and hope for the best. 2. politicoeconomic campaign that causes the Taliban to eventually fall (as the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  John Dean on "Missing Weapons Of Mass Destruction"

Missing Weapons Of Mass Destruction: Is Lying About The Reason For War An Impeachable Offense? (URL) To put it bluntly, if Bush has taken Congress and the nation into war based on bogus information, he is cooked. Manipulation or deliberate misuse of (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The War That Never Ends

(...) And very closely related to this story... US anti-war activists hit by secret airport ban (URL) After more than a year of complaints by some US anti-war activists that they were being unfairly targeted by airport security, Washington has (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Power (was: Unexplained power outages in New York, Toronto, and other cities)

There's a bunch of stuff I wanted to comment on so I'm just rolling it together here. I'll also preface with the clear statement of my stance: I am part of cult of alternative energy. I have done the research needed to completely back off the grid. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Good isn't objective. What we, society as a whole, consider to be "good" is both up for debate in certain areas (I'm specifically _not_ going to mention ab*rti*n here), and it is no more valid than the ideas of other societies, other than (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: ATOC cloning in real life

I'm gonna conclude this discussion over in .off-topic.fun! (Cause we’ve already done ‘nuff damage to .starwars…) (...) Actually, I'm sorry to say that the geekey tendencies inherent in your *field of study negates any ‘extra-credit-bonus’ you’d (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Accountability

Who's Accountable? (URL) For example, look at the way the administration rhetorically linked Saddam to Sept. 11. As The Associated Press put it: "The implication from Bush on down was that Saddam supported Osama bin Laden's network. Iraq and the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Newsweek (to touch on something I said in a n erlier post)

And the Teflon Prez... (URL) it turns out that the FBI has documents showing that detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, complained about the mistreatment of the Koran and that many said they were severely beaten. The documents specifically include an (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>