 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 521 – 540 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) I just built it before coming to work this morning, and saw the pictures as well. it looks like they repeated the series of pictures twice. maybe they screwed up? If it is Panaka (We call him Captain Pancake at the office - Long story, along (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Laws about sex.... (was something else)

(...) I'd hate to put words in Jason's mouth. But when I read his text I immediately thought about how your constitution has allowed persecution and discrimination on the grounds of political views and race in the last 50 years. I can think of no (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) The past two UK general elections have produced MPs who got to power with virtually no funding. That is freedom. In the UK we limit MP’s political advertising budgets to allow open access to power. The average winning candidate spends about (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

Really, you are the biggest bore. I have never suggested conspiracy -- ever! I have suggested favors in exchange for favors, which you seem ready to admit as a fact of political life. So wonderful, we agree. I hope you don't mind my pointing out who (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(URL) Case closed> Nevermind that Bennett is pro-life. What a smear. And even the Bush administration runs for cover from political hack fallout. Brutal. JOHN (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Swearing?

(...) It's useful if you are a pervert trying to pass off obscenities as art. (...) Well, one is expressed in writing and the other is expressed in a painting. (...) How about Guernica is a painting that expresses a political statement? -John (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) Well, it's a quotation taken from a television producer/writer that has one of the best shows on television--a show that actually discusses issues of political, moral, and ethical issues--I guess that makes him basically devoid of substance (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote: <snip> (...) I've been addressing it from the beginning--An armed citizenry is not needed I've talked with my local MPP, I've spoken with other politicians at various levels of political power (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Theory is not fact. To extrapolate the worst possible scenario from a report and then state that "the UN has concluded ..." is a lie. (...) Bush is terrorizing the American public to further his personal political agenda. Sounds like (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Bush says he will not use "taxpayers' money to promote science which destroys life in order to save life."

Frank, give him some credit. It is pretty hard for him to illustrate his well thought political philosophy with a series of focus group derived sound bites. ;) It always amazes me how the American-Right is eager to kill anything (e.g. criminals, (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) So it's not as bad if you stretch out your genocidal activities over a few decades rather than just one? And I'm sure a few ethnicities within the former Soviet Union may disagree that they committed "political" crimes. Like the Kulaks, the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <386A025E.278F00DF@c...eb.net>... (...) A quick search on the net found that Japan and Germany have laws such as I mentioned, and, voila! so does the US, many of them in fact. Maybe you missed this pork while the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !

(...) My favourite place to debate is the pub, but that's another story. ;) (...) I tend not to trust US media due to its “liberal” bias and its blind support for all things Bush... ;) (1) Here's a couple of quotes for you: Two 'clean' trucks - the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"

(...) Well, that's probably as overstated as Larry's original point. I think Larry's more general point is how information is fed to one subliminally through various media, and how often people do not put the source of the information under much (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) th (...) and some of us have no interest in digging through the American political...stuff to find an obscure reference. James (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Ahhh, yes, you referenced pilgrims and after reading that section I forgot and thought you said Puritans. My mistake. (...) far (...) categorize (...) It cuts both ways - they were religions that decided they needed to compete and have (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Why is religion so hot?

(...) Because doing so has affected my beliefs. First, understand that you can't just say "this is religion, and this is everything else I believe in". It's all part of one's belief system, ethics system, political system, etc. Religious beliefs (or (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) <SARCASM MODIFIER="It's catching, isn't it? :-P"> Wow. Good idea. We can give financial aid to the really terrible governments for the people who really suffer. </SARCASM> That's kind of a cool political satire story idea. Let Michael Moore (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: debates (was: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing")

(...) Certainly advertising is by nature propagandist. There seems like a critical difference between a piece of fiction that is written solely to entertain and one that is written with underlying political/religious/...l/whatever messages that are (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) Ah, the light shines... Yes, evidence is a sticky issue. And we did use to have other standards -- the manner in which we arrive at a hopefully objective approximation of the "truth" is ever changing, however slowly. Sometimes the change is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>