 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 241 – 260 of about 1300.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

"we saved your butts" That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I would bet most of the Americans who fought in WWII would agree. To say "We fought & died along side of you, in the fight for freedom" is more accurate. We're not talking (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.346)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

< cross posted to off-topic-debate and off-topic-fun, Lord knows where else it should be, maybe off-topic.scott.rant.evil or something? > Gary, (...) I would hope not! I don't like supporting communists, that's for sure! If it is, boy oh boy, I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 1.346)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote: > Why is that? Should the tests be designed to determine who has a good (...) Making it so they all go to college together segregates them? (...) Should not? What do you mean should? What if it does? Does matter, whether or (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.346)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

(...) I have no issues with you personally either Larry and this is a civilized discussion not a "brawl" or a flame war - I am somewhat toward the libertarian view myself (I'm not dogmatic about anything except how cool the Internet and Legos are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.345)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Well, James, we've already had this argument. You know darn well already that all of these things above are goods, rather than rights. And as I've said before, there is no moral right to free goods. But since you're a communist: (URL) not sure (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.345)

  Re: Rights, Who needs them? (was Re: Abortion...

(...) Scott, think this through, and give an answer: what superior power of decision making does the government (which is a collection of people) have that any other collection of people could have? What makes the legislatures and other government (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.344)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

"Bill Farkas" <kfar@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Fq5B2D.I06@lugnet.com... (...) we in (...) staying (...) with the (...) Marines (...) Well, I wasn't going to mention the debacle that was Viet Nam, but since you brought it up... First, I (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.344)

  Re: Quiet in here

In Oregon you have to declare your political party when you register... Greenback is still a recognized party, even if it puts "Independant" on my Oregon Voter's card. -The Cheese (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.344)

  Re: Quiet in here

(...) the (...) Found this: mugwump from Algonquin 'chief' In US political history, a colloquial name for the reform Republicans who voted in the 1884 presidential election for Grover Cleveland, the Democratic candidate, rather than for the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.343)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

I, too, appreciate your pride in your service. But as to "top of the food chain," I have to disagree. I will admit that, to a certain extent, the Marines are an "elite" force, and this is precisely why they are not "at the top of the food chain." No (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.343)

  Re: Noise Level

Larry, (...) Hmm.... I am not a huge fan of the entire political process, I am not a huge fan of anything in politics, really. I pick my sides and the people I support, I never even got involved really until I started seeing how screwed up things (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.343)

  No Longer Quite So Quiet in here

(...) I'm still convinced that Republicans were responsible for Fieger being the Democratic candidate for Governor. He was about the only person available who polarized people more than Engler. Had I been in Michigan, I would have gone to the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.343)

  Re: Quiet in here

Larry, (...) No, I think what Bill is saying is that there are many nuts, on both sides, through a variety of causes, and the like. But there is a significant bias towards the right wing religious groups, some justified, most not. You do not see the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.343)

  Re: Quiet in here

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Being a third worlder, I follow this "Foofoo is better than Blahblah" kind of debates between you, USians, that consider politicians with a kind of amaze..:-) Here in our country things are very clear and (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.343)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) th (...) and some of us have no interest in digging through the American political...stuff to find an obscure reference. James (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.342)

  Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Alternate history is an obviously speculative exercise, but I don't see what any of this (except the inquisition and crusades) has to do with Judaeo-Christianity per se. Given that we can't really separate religion from culture and history, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.342)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Ahhh, yes, you referenced pilgrims and after reading that section I forgot and thought you said Puritans. My mistake. (...) far (...) categorize (...) It cuts both ways - they were religions that decided they needed to compete and have (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.342)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

I somehow feel obligated to chime on this topic. I too am a "Mormon" and am never surprised at the level of ignorance that often surfaces as evidenced on slashdot. Generally speaking, most "Mormons" have pretty thick skin when it comes to criticism (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.342)

  Mormon bashing again

Arg. I gotta vent. Slashdot is carrying an article (1) on how the Utah legislature is trying to enfore internet filtering in public libraries. Somehow, this topic has become a Mormon-bashing extravaganza. I was going to post there, but I suspect (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.342)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) It's funny you posted that here, because I thought about doing the same thing. I was more interested in the article as to what exactly is the government doing this time than actual mormon bashing. Seeing as how the /. "community" has been (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.341)

More:  Next Page >>