 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 161 – 180 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

You know, for a time now I have wanted this whole thing to go away and stop appearing on the main news page, for you see, I have a terrible weakness: a great fascination in philosophy. So, this whole discussion was honey to me and I was having a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.515)

  Re: A question for my Canadian pals

(...) Moc! Moc! Moc!! Bottom line is that people don't have to wait 'months' for an MRI. The naysayers always dredge up the worst case scenarios. Personal friends who have had to get an MRI have had few days, and had to wait a week once to get an (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.513)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Though I've never even heard of Eliade or his/her? work, why would that be "odd"? That you aren't a fan and that I sound like (okay, I googled it...) him should sound about right, no;-) (...) Again, the ultimate expression of society isn't (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.511)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) John asked a simple question which I think is a common misconception. It can be summed up with a few definitions which should help clarify (and these definitions are scholarly, you can disagree with them if you wish - I'm just putting out (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.511)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) I think Anthony has hit the nail on the head here. If you open the gate to create a group whose primary focus is not Lego but homosexuality and therefore off-topic, you will have to allow (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

political
(score: 0.511)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hi Cyndi, your post is probably one of the better reasoned ones I've read on this issue. Lots of 'hets' are not opposed to the idea because people are gay (it may be a factor for some, and some don't care at all), but because they are opposed (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

political
(score: 0.511)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I get it. You clearly didn't read what I said. You _might_ be right. There _might_ be people interested in such a hetero discussion group. But why would you assume a group is needed just because a homosexual group is asked for? Neither of you (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

political
(score: 0.511)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I just love this abuse of the term "homophobic" to anyone who disagrees with whatever homosexuals propose to do (and Alfred, this does not mean I am saying you a homosexual because I don't know and don't care). No other group exists - (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

political
(score: 0.510)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I let this roll around in my head for a day before posting a reply to this. There are a few things I have to post about this and I hope to get them out. 1. I have to say this is the first time in my life I have heard anyone try and tie sexual (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !

political
(score: 0.510)

  Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?

(...) However, daily I read news items like -- (URL) mean, a person gets fired over a bumper sticker? I'm sure that if someone were to do some research, they'd find someone who may have been shown the door 'cause they had a 'Bush/Cheney' sticker on (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.510)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Wow, lots of controversy here, Teddy! I think this thread has really brought out the homophobic in many AFOLs. I mean, what are people talking about when they say they just want this site to be safe for kids? Aren't we a bunch of AFOLs? (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

political
(score: 0.510)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) So what about the 1-2 hundred thousand Saddam was not able to kill as political prisoners? (the longer we go the highet that number gets) It is estimated he killed 1.5 million between the two Gulf wars. Now don't get me wrong there are a lot (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.510)

  Re: Help me with the math

(...) OBL is a religious fanatic, not a political one. He doesn't even represent a sovereign nation. (...) That is exactly what I will tell you. I know that "far more complex" reasons sounds appealing, but honestly, what are they??? He doesn't even (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.510)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Any God who would be so deliberately vague (which is to say deceptive (which is to say evil)) as to prevent easy comprehension of the correct meaning of his One Word on Earth is unworthy of my worship. (...) Do you accept that the examination (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.509)

  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) Bollocks. Most of the problems of the third world countries that are doing poorly are attributable to lack of the rule of law, and lack of enforceable property rights in those countries. Claiming it's the first world's fault is, frankly, a (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.509)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) What I meant was this: I was once a Christian. Out of curiosity, in your mind, does that affect my right to criticize or poke fun at the Bible? (...) I prefer to speak of these matters in terms of skin color, since I'm not entirely sure I know (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.509)

  Losing hearts and minds - Chaos in occupied Africa (aka something that floats)

I'm almost at a loss for words. (URL) At a time when the world's opinion was with the UN for their stance of the Iraqi situation, those stupid <insert expletive here> go do what they did. I don't swear much, but this just makes me seething with (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.509)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

(...) It's hard to say on the face of it. The person might be just indulging in a typical historical "what if" scenario. Does it trivialize what happened? Not necessarily. Then again, he/she/it may be looking for DNA material to clone Hitler with (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.509)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2t532.230G@lugnet.com... (...) I think people do things for different reasons, and rather than judge people based on our own worst fears and worries, we should try to find the truth (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.507)

  Arrogance floats amongst the stars...

I'm almost at a loss for words. At a time when the world's (including many Americans, btw) opinion was against Bush and Co. for their mismanagement of the Iraqi situation, those stupid <insert expletive here> go do what they did. I don't swear much, (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.507)

More:  Next Page >>