 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1141 – 1160 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) Sounds kind of freaky. I've never been much of a novel reader so I'll probably never get to it. But I imagine the author's choice to use little tykes as protagonists serves his commentary on modern societal values (or lack of)? (...) "South (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?

(...) I had to reply as this is a time that I actually find myself agreeing with hop-frog. Death threats are not only inappropriate, but illegal, and should not be tolerated. If you want to call the Dixie Chicks traitors, or unAmerican, go ahead, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) I would go one step further. Venereal diseases have been around (and have been known about) for a lot longer than AIDS has been on the scene. Most are curable, some are not, and not all are limited in transmission to sexual contact. My point (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <38aee357.975055273@...et.com>... (...) I haven't researched Libertarianism, but I think I will check the links at about.com within the next day or two. I have never heard of a brand of Libertarianism that struck me (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Yes, but not with the militant attitude of the modern environmentalist movement. (...) Hmmm, I just read over Genesis 1:26 - 28, "The God said, Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Am I correct in seeing another fallacy here, not necessarily one on Bennett's behalf, but more of one in general? That being that it is instead economics that drives or motivates crime, not race as Freakonomics seems to put forth and that then (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

Dave, (...) Moderate? Boy, I can't wait (I being a proud partisan, BTW!) (...) No, not obviously. (...) Reagan and Bush had a million times more qualifications to man the nuclear arsenal than Al Gore or Bill, IMHO. Badly, as always. It isn't just a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Meta Question

(...) I think the problem was that LUGNET didn't respond enough to people's desires. The administration was either inactive or unable to comply, thanks to various reasons. Essentially, LUGNET's software was all custom made to follow an NNTP design (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-08, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: A word to the international community... (Re: Vote against/for...)

(...) hating America. Unless you modify your complaint, you are explicitly equating Bush with America, which is insane nationalistic idolatry. And, frankly, that sort of kneejerk follow-the-leader thinking, not to mention your anti-world diatribes (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !

A. I'm actually in favor of less taxation, but that it is not the way our system is currently structured and I am not going to hold my breath waiting for a change. B. I don't want to get mired in a discussion about what is 'income' v. 'capital' -- (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Debunk this?

(...) I am pretty sure I have never mentioned this in the past. So I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you are mistaking me for someone else. And I am really not sure about the previous acquittal -- but I am willing to read a cite if (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  What does a Republican have to do to cause outrage? [was Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian...]

(...) I fear the strong pro-liberal media in the USA has struck again. I read this yesterday: It's a dirty business (URL) then it is extraordinary what you do and don't hear in the US at present. Last Thursday, as predicted in this column a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) Just making sure. Got that one from Duffy, did ya, Dave!? (...) Hold on right there! I wonder why that is the case! And I certainly don't believe it is by Cawinkydink. And if it is so easy, than why would it be restricted to our culture? I (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) Quoteth Dave K (quoting dictionary): goon: a thug hired to commit acts of violence or intimidation (usually with a gun) The last time the NRA won some sort of whatever, there was numerous newsclips of Heston holding up a gun, saying 'outta my (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: LP POINT 1

(...) You are, off course, assuming a linear scale. I'd view it as logarithmic. (...) One of the big criticisms of the LP argument is that they harp on too much about the evils of "Big Government", without tempering that sentiment with a reflection (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) You have an exasperating habit of picking at irrelevent details when debating, and to my eye, the wording of your post suggests that you were doing it once again (though you didn't pounce on my grammar error, which is a bit surprising). When I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Lots of things can kill you -- like automobiles for example. We keep dangerous things around because they are useful -- like automobiles for example. People can be taught to use dangerous yet useful things without harm to anyone, or at least (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...

Hi all, it's been a while! The subject of this post seems curious to me. Canada is a great place...why? Dave, are you reacting to the court's decision or to this journalist's gushing? The way I see it, the writing in that piece was sub par in that (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: We Should've Listened to Dick Cheney

(...) I guess you didn't bother to watch the video. Dick himself used the Q-word to describe the aftermath of a unilateral invasion of Iraq. But that was before he used it to mock people who said operation Blood For Oil was a Bad Idea. (...) Four (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  American intelligentsia and the American electorate (WAS Re: slight)

(...) I admit it, I was not impressed with the implied link between rationality, "success", religion and creationism. However, over the weekend I read an item by Richard Dawkins from "Free Inquiry" (see: www.secularhumanism.org). This is the part (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>