 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1021 – 1040 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism

(...) I didn't think I was, but if your interpretations of my writing style is 'holier than thou', I shall endeavour to rephrase. As it stands, my interpretations of your debating technique in this thread are--you're firmly ensconsed in what you (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  True Right Wing Fascists

To All, There has been a lot of what I would call name calling, I admit I am guilty of it as well, and a few posts of this really got to me, especially the right wing religious fascists. Last night, on the History channel, they had a program about (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice

This seems like as good a place as any to jump in. The research i've done shows that a gay scientist found evidence of a gay gene, but no one has been able to duplicate his results. In scientific research, that is a very serious thing. It may have (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Any God who would be so deliberately vague (which is to say deceptive (which is to say evil)) as to prevent easy comprehension of the correct meaning of his One Word on Earth is unworthy of my worship. (...) Do you accept that the examination (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Teach them well, and they'll make reasonable choices. They may even follow in your footsteps. Whatever they do, I at least hope you'll respect their choices, even if they choose to put on a pink shirt. Besides, I don't think androgyny is the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The War That Never Ends

(...) (URL) AQ, in particular, is supra-national. Cells may exist in as many as 60 (...) Certainly some. And convince and assist the other countries to purge them by themselves. (...) Really? When were you summarily investigated and databased? (...) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The absurdity of American pop culture

(...) Actually I'm keying in on these statesment in particuler: "The whole problem with this idea of obscenity and indecency, and all of these things -- bad language and whatever -- it's all caused by one basic thing, and that is: religious (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

Hey guys, I'm enclosing something I wrote for my English class, just a little food for thought. It was to be based on a play, "The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail", which I actually really liked (which, unfortunately, is a rarity for class reading (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  The unknown author of this suffering.

(I found this on a comic book website and thought some folks here might want to read it as well, the subject title is taken from the first paragraph) This article was written by Leonard Pitts Jr. of the Miami Herald: They pay me to provide words (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Elian Gonzales

(...) Sorry, can you clear up for me what preconceptions you're referring to? There is hard documented evidence in profuse quantities that, for example, psychiatry is viewed as an arm of the ministry of the interior (that is, the secret police) and (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:G0yI4w.J3p@lugnet.com... (...) Its sad, but true. Humans in general are always looking for a selfish way to elevate themselves and put down others to make themselves look (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Vote against/for...

(...) Actually, the bomb was dropped to scare the Japanese, thus ending the war. I don't see that as terrorism, though - terrorism implies a much more prolonged chain of events than a couple weeks in August '45. Terrorism is ETA in Spain, IRA in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Editorial links

Hold On to Your Humanity: An Open Letter to GIs in Iraq (URL) I am a retired veteran of the army, and my own son is among you, a paratrooper like I was. The changes that are happening to every one of you--some more extreme than others--are changes I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Escape the situation if possible, or enumerate the differences if escape wasn't possible, with the proviso that I was being coerced into doing so, and you didn't have the sanction of the victim to do that to me... (...) No. I think the claim (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Quiet in here

Larry, (...) No, I think what Bill is saying is that there are many nuts, on both sides, through a variety of causes, and the like. But there is a significant bias towards the right wing religious groups, some justified, most not. You do not see the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press

(...) Let’s start with a little more than your say-so. (...) There you go again, inferring all Palestinians are terrorists. The USA is "fixed on terrorism" as it has only just woken up to it. Much of Europe has been suffering from its effects since (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Apology.

(...) I refuse to support the banning of one member of Lugnet over a dispute with another member of Lugnet unless both parties are banned together. So I think you should be more careful of the things you are seeking to achieve because you will end (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) There is a "perjury standard". The US Code, Title 18, Pt 1, Ch 79, Sec 1621 fully states how perjury is defined. (you can also go (URL) ) (...) With the amount of evidence available, in my opinion, there was sufficient information to find (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Debunk this?

David: You seem to be pretty selective about what you are willing to comment on. For some information that flies in the face of your assertions about modern day Israel, please see: (URL) don't know the reputation of The Times, but the article (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The Frog Apologizes and Shuts Up (at least for now)

(...) Maybe I'm thicker skinned than most. If we're all adults here, and we behave in an adult fashion in these discussions... I dunno. I never got the 'ignore him 'cause he's no good to this group.' I find that many many posts from Scott Arthur are (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>