 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 901 – 920 of about 1900.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Patriotic Geeks-- Gotta love 'em!

"The FBI was investigating, spokesman Paul Bresson said." Yeah, sure. Where do you think this lies on their priority list? Bruce (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.202)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) I'm still not getting where you are going with this, Larry. Free market of governments? What in the world does that have to do with inheritable contracts as a system of stable (or coercive) government? Unreasonable coercive barriers to entry (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.201)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) (I've been peeking at this debate, but have refused to get involved... sigh, how I weaken) It almost sounds as if you are referring to Utilitarianism until this point... Perhaps it's the definition of "life-affirming", which is left a little (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message news:FGz2xu.8B9@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) things (...) strict (...) by (...) Okay. But before I start I have to say that "scholars" have been able to make the Bible say whatever they want (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.201)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) Whoa -- cool! Great example! OK, so if fraternal twins have two souls right from the start, then how about identical twins? Does an embryo or a zygote which is destined to become a pair of identical twins have two souls to begin with -- one (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.201)

  Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement

(...) Bush's justifications for this war changed almost weekly, it seemed. Now, within the terms of diplomacy, this can be understandable to a point as you may find it advantagous to emphasize different aspects to different people, but it seems more (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) Oh no! Not the "should we have dropped 'the bomb'" debate again?!? No, despite lame attempts at recent revisionism, we had no way to know what Japan intended beyond its action (which were that the war was going to continue to the absolute (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) I assume that you are discounting the two blaringly obvious examples for a reason? Germany? Japan? The latter we did literally bomb into submission (WoMD, to add some irony). (...) That we have committed this far (foolishly) it would seem a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement

(...) I'm just not familiar enough with Blair to say, beyond I suspect he likes the idea of acting tough. Bush probably has several agendas, though the weight of each is unknown: Inherited hostility: The enemy of my father is my enemy. Though Bush (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) 1: I read the site before I posted, and for that matter I read the site the previous time this came up. You may wish to actually quote the exact passage that you are refering to, since what I read would seem to support me. 2: Unsupported (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) Quite the contrary - see your quoted summary at the bottom. Japan had rejected the conditions of surrender (to whit, none) and the U.S. was under no obligation to pause in the war. In fact, it would have been a betrayal of the American people (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) They didn't accept the call for unconditional surrender, war was continuing. I'm not sure why you aren't getting it, and I'm kinda tired of having to repeat it. (...) Go back to what Dave wrote: "recent evidence suggests that the Emperor was (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: My Concession (for John mostly)

(...) *IN RELATION* to what Dave said!!! "Recent evidence suggests that the Emperor was about to surrender." You keep taking it out of context and trying to assert your own argument in there. (...) "...about to surrender"??? Nope. (...) "...about to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: Now, you have to read this ! How stupid can one get?

(...) Haha! J'ai voté dans le hall minifig de gloire juste à la rancune lui! Faucon Noir! J'en ai environ 100 un. Yes, I know, it's fractured, but what do you expect for an on-line auto-translator? -->Bruce<-- (22 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37CC3897.1147B7...ger.net... (...) People can disagree on the details and still be one true faith, unless you define one true faith as 100% the same across the board, which doesn't happen (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.200)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) What's so weird? The actually following through on thoughts of killing someone, I suppose. (...) I'd like to think otherwise, myself. The few times in my childhood and adult life that I have been truly angry enough to want to do physical harm (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.200)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: Simon (URL) I just don't want to share heaven with murderers and torturers, no (...) OK - I may dislike a lot of what Christians say but I'm with Jesse on this one. The mistake I think you're (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.200)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) Yeah, I snipped a bunch from of things from here, the problem seems that the message's length grows exponentially as more and more points arise that we want to respond to... then everything gets included for reference... etc. There was a bunch (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.200)

  Re: Speeding: Prima facie negligence?

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote (...) You've switched immediately from laws which are codified conventions to laws which attempt to enforce possibly immoral behaviour. What happens to a society where only half the members behave as you (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.200)

  Re: Hotel Palestine

(...) Your post isn't short but is as long as anyone's? Absolutely, positively no comment. ;-) -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.200)

More:  Next Page >>