 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 781 – 800 of about 1900.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: IGNORANT views fuel oppression?

(...) Ceetain parties don't want it to end (e.g. said certain party answered his own message to get it back up at the top of the queu). Just ignore said person and there won't be a debate. -->Bruce<-- And for a demonstration of such, said certain (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.218)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) What is amusing is that I had just sent David a private message telling him the pattern of Scott's debating "style" and the exchange just preceeding your message was the proof of it. It's like pulling teeth. You have to go round and round in (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.217)

  Re: New Web Page

Hi! (...) <culturerant> I'm from Detroit. Half of my family came from Ontario in the early decades of this century; the other half is from Ohio. I've got Canadian, English, Welsh, Norman, Saxon, Oneida, and Lord knows what other identity. What's (...) (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.216)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) I'm sorry, Dave, but how can there be a clean slate when Scott is dirtying it faster than it can be cleaned? Your current discussion with Scott simply illustrates all of his usual tricks: decrying personal comments while getting in as many as (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.216)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) So in addition to being a self-admited homophobic, misogynist bigot, you also presume to judge who can sincerely invoke God's name? How many times have you cast the first stone, John? (...) Atheism is as American as apple pie. My right to be (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.216)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) It would still be the same God. Jesus would be demoted fom avatar of God to prophet of God, however. What happened to Buddhists on this scale? God help us if L. Ron Hubbard preached breeding as swiftly as possible to Scientologists. :-) (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.216)

  Re: Netiquette Question (was Re: Legal Education? etc. )

(...) Whew! I'm sure I will. I place an unseemly value on "the really good notes" in this forum. Most of those have been written by you about the law and related politics, LFB about history and particularly it's effects on our current perceptions, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.216)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Why does it matter? The first half of it is merely a justification for the second which is direction on what rights are granted to (actually affirmed for) whom. (...) No. (...) That's right, they didn't want to limit it to any particular kind (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.216)

  Re: The Ruling Brick (was: What's the big deal about the Mini TIE?)

(...) In the land of Lugnet, where the Shadows lie. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.215)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) No way, Bruce! One man, one vote, and Scalia was that one man. Dave! (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.215)

  Re: New Web Page

On Wed, 12 May 1999 00:32:49 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) No comments on education. I am not of schooling age, nor have children, or likely to in the near future. (When considering flameage in your replies, (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.215)

  Re: slight

(...) See? This is why I only skim your replies... Bruce is talking about a debate technique called an "emotional appeal" -- usually this takes the form of something that stirs the emotions of a reader or listener but that also tends to lack a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.215)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

(...) I've seen these stated along with calmly well supported chains of logic and the listeners still shake their heads. (...) If you believe it, I'd be interested to hear it. (...) Sure, new blood gets in, but has to work with the system. Who will (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.215)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Are you pointing out the fact that there is considerable evidence that the Florida election was fixed, Bruce? Cuz, I tend to believe this is true -- although most people have lost interest in the subject. I guess it's good to have family in (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.215)

  Re: New Web Page

Hi-- Frank, I hope you'll forgive my answering the previous post through yours. (...) Neither do I, Frank. But the *right* to own one is vital in the United States, and for more reason than weapons--it's a symbolic iteration of the democratic ideal (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.214)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

Sproaticus wrote in message <3742D2BB.99927A6E@g...es.com>... (...) different (...) to (...) it (...) everyone! (...) If semantics means understanding the correct definition of the words we use, I guess. I am glad you figured out what I meant. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.214)

  Re: slight

(...) K, we're just not reading one another here. At all. And I don't know if both of us are just being obtuse, but here's my premise: Science is a good way for us to come to understand the physical universe. Things may exist outside the scope of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.214)

  Re: Freedom from information

(...) You are getting upset over a misnomer. Correctly speaking (which is to say, politically incorrectly) you should be using the term The Conservative Media. (...) The Conservative Media. Just repeat it like a mantra. (...) You realize that means (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.213)

  Re: slight

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: <snip> (...) Love to read it, and I'll get to it. (...) Thank you for making my point clear--emotions have nothing to do with science, and I never wanted to infer, allude, or say they ever (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.213)

  Re: slight

(...) Show me. Just don't say it's a false premise and clip it. It's like, 'I don't agree with that--it doesn't make scientific sense, therefore its false or invalid' which *is* the very nature of this discussion. I never wanted to invoke an (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.213)

More:  Next Page >>