 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 721 – 740 of about 1900.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Dan Rather is a Useful Idiot Extraordinare

(...) It's all about the comedy, -->Bruce<-- I was just reminded of when I was a kid with my friends, and we'd all be just sitting around and if one guy stood out for any apparent reason, it would be suddenly time for everyone to jump on him (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.427)

  Re: Clearly those Canadians are concerned about censorship...

(...) You're forgetting that you were forewarned that the half-time show was being brought to you by the letters M and TV. Even with that 'heads up', you still sit there and say "I didn't know the halftime show was going to be tasteless!"? (...) The (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 0.427)

  Re: Freedom from information

(...) See, I think this paragraph very neatly spotlights the problem with the one dimensional labeling system in use (because it's simple?) left-right ... liberal-conservative To be fair you did not explicitly label Bruce and Dave! (1) But the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.427)

  Re: They Know Where You Are!

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message news:Hvuy9o.16uv@lugnet.com... (...) So my (...) are off (...) street (...) the (...) Yea, my apartment complex really screws up these algorithms. Each apartment in the complex (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.427)

  Re: Freedom from information

(...) I try...:-) (...) Yes. Reminds me of the People's Choice Awards. I am suspicious of those as well-- I am a believer in relying on the marketplace to define the success of many things. After all, a platinum record sold 1,000,000 (or whatever (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.426)

  Apologies to Bruce, et al.

I was getting a little shrill and I apologize. He made very valid points both here and off-line and now that there was a cool-down time for me, I see that. Again, I'm sorry. Go about the business of fine debate. Dave K (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.426)

  Re: The Ruling Brick (was: What's the big deal about the Mini TIE?)

(...) In the land of Lugnet, where the Shadows lie. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.426)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) It would still be the same God. Jesus would be demoted fom avatar of God to prophet of God, however. What happened to Buddhists on this scale? God help us if L. Ron Hubbard preached breeding as swiftly as possible to Scientologists. :-) (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.425)

  Re: What about the first?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: <snip> (...) What I want you to realize is that writing off valid points as 'straw man arguments' and 'wiggling and changing the tune', and deleting examples that are completely valid and true (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.425)

  Re: What about the first?

(...) I love analogies... If I know someone who has an alcohol problem, do I have to have an alcohol problem? If I know someone who hates Islam and wants to kill anyone who believes in that religion, do I have to carry a gun and start shooting as (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.425)

  Re: What the Confederate flag stands for. (was Re: Just wh...)

(...) Bruce, I thought I told you before--If you're going to reply to my posts, I'm going to have to require you to agree with me blindly and absolutely. Don't ask for clarification when I've already decided to say I understand, even if I don't (or (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.425)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) I'm sorry, Dave, but how can there be a clean slate when Scott is dirtying it faster than it can be cleaned? Your current discussion with Scott simply illustrates all of his usual tricks: decrying personal comments while getting in as many as (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.425)

  Re: FOUND: Weapons of Mass Destruction

(...) Rubbish. Its all in the spin. Read the article. The dude had been 'discovered' before, there had been a half hearted enquiry that had been dropped for reasons unspecified. Of course the authorities were not 'allowing' them to live in the US. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.425)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) What is amusing is that I had just sent David a private message telling him the pattern of Scott's debating "style" and the exchange just preceeding your message was the proof of it. It's like pulling teeth. You have to go round and round in (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.424)

  Re: IGNORANT views fuel oppression?

(...) Ceetain parties don't want it to end (e.g. said certain party answered his own message to get it back up at the top of the queu). Just ignore said person and there won't be a debate. -->Bruce<-- And for a demonstration of such, said certain (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.424)

  Re: namecalling

(...) Hey =>Bruce<=, even a Mac User knows that! :-) Any CPU using running Windows with an Intel chip. (But don't ask me what a CPU is;-) JOHN (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.424)

  Re: Also seen on CNN

(...) It's the cream of the jest. -->Bruce<-- (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.423)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Pretty much. I was away for the holiday and only logged in briefly on Saturday. So I new my site had been picked, but I wasn't really in the forums at all. I wanted to get something new up during my reign, but I didn't get a chance to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.423)

  Re: Also seen on CNN

(...) Whew! It doesn't say anything about a Shetland Pony and three tons of Cool Whip. I thought I was in trouble there for a moment. -->Bruce<-- ;-) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.423)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) Hey all. Huge long thread here that sprang up while I was away. I'm tempted to respond to about every other post, but fear it's a fruitless quagmire. Rather than hit any of the theological points of issue, I just wanted to address this one, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.423)

More:  Next Page >>