 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 221 – 240 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) That's not how you phrased the point, initially. You presented these actions in the context of a baby's actions, and that's how I addressed them. If you wish to change the question at this time, then you must either address or cede the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.961)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Things that are clearly wrong are those things that clearly harm others. Like abuse and neglect of children. Not like consensual sexual activities. Homosexuality isn't right because it's part of society, it's right because no one is harmed. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.961)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Sir, I do hate (or strongly dislike) the results of these actions. Can you honestly tell me that you enjoy (or would enjoy) painting over permanent marks on the walls, changing poopy diapers, and scrubbing vomit out of the carpet, in and of (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.961)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) alright, let me throw everything out on the table: i am a Christian conservative. i am pro-family (that is marriage between a man and a woman), pro-life (the right for an unborn, helpless child to live), and i adhere to the best of my ability (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.960)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Well, just in terms of parallel evolution of ideas re: sacred v. profane. And whatever other oddity you'd care to contribute, of course. (...) I do not believe that there are any absolute standards for society, and all standards are determined (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.960)

  ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

This is the anchor of a new thread to deal with the subject proposition. Posters to this thread will have accepted the first parenthetized equality as true, and will have accepted that humans are life affirming, and that therefore to initiate the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.960)

  Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?

Hi Guys, This is a good read so far. Thanks. (...) I think the deal is that everything we collectively value about our modern social technology (even if some of us complain about governance) is possible strictly because our systems include an (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.959)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oddly, this is straight out of Mircea Eliade's "The Sacred and The Profane," which speaks of the investment of "sacredness" into certain places/customs/actions so that those places/customs/actions are preserved against alteration due to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.959)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) It also means homosexual in today's context. True it didn't always mean that, but regardless it's a common term nowadays to refer to homosexuals. (...) Well, you can't really sue LUGNET. They already reserved the right to discriminate for any (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.959)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) <snipped derivation of 'all rights are property rights'> Larry, bookmark that post - you'll need it again. ;-) James (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.959)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Read below. (...) No, no, not at all. My secret suspicion was that you could never worship any kind of god. I think I was correct by your responses below... (...) Never said worship was required. Besides, if it is your ideal God, then He (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.959)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Actually, that was a derivation _from_ all rights are property rights. Very big difference. Jasper (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.958)

  Shou shalt not steal?

(...) Think I missed that thread-- But I'm gonna come in late and argue something perhaps a little more basic: Inter-human morality all boils down to: "Thou shalt respect others." Which really works great, I think. "Thou shalt not kill" => "Thou (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.958)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) For one thing, I did not commit to refuting this particular point within your basic premise. That was another thread. For another, I said there that I would accept your basic premise that "all rights are property rights" You're trying to turn (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.958)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Oh, I was just making the terms up, for all I know. I guess I should have explicated. (...) Yes. I see it as a sure-fire loop-hole avoidance scheme. If all property is taxed, regardless of who owns it, then the rich -- even when trying to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) Steve can speak for himself but I think he's responding to me. I've said that I had in the past foundered on trying to derive a justification for natural rights from reasoning about how animals do things and about what evolution has crafted. I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Keeping the Peace in Nablus

Hmm, I never knew you were a holocaust denying anti-Semite. As such you clearly have no understanding of the IDF’s (URL) Ethical Standards>: Israel has a principle that weapons and force can only be used for the purpose of a military operation and (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) Feel free to call me Lar or Larry. (...) No, I don't think this is necessarily true (whether others agree with it or not). I am not a moral relativist. I think there is an objective morality that is proper and good for humans to embrace. I've (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

In response to "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> in message news:G5qotE.M0q@lugnet.com... Larry, I appreciate the interaction you've provided. Before going any further, I'm glad that you're not a relativist (which means, in turn, that you (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Yet another argument in favor of privatized education

(...) It is stories like this which undermine the argument in favour of state regulation of certain private industries. I was reminded of this: "Better to abolish all regulations, consider everything as property, and solve all controversy by civil (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.954)

More:  Next Page >>