 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 2101 – 2120 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Hello Chris, (...) This is a rhetorical question, isn't it? Presumably you already know we do have that right, but only after we get a special permission. But then, I could ask, are you allowed to drive? And your answer would be about the same: Yes, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: An Alternative..

Its late, I may be too tired to think straight (1). At first glance, I had plenty of arguments and questions, but I don't feel those are necessary just yet. I think the system you are trying to devise is our current world. Since man began, we have (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  jumping to conclusions

(...) I would love to see the cognitive process your mind went through to reach (jump to) that conclusion. Although I do support the right of self defence, I am fundamentally a pacifist in nature. I believe strongly that we should uphold human (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) I agree completely with Scott. It is reasonable in general to protect ones rights to IP. The manner in which various people do this is another matter entirely. Chris (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: slight

(...) And way too many people are following Dubya on, well, not exactly the same road, but a road of happily trampling the rights and freedoms of everyone. You and I are not going along willingly, but a whole bunch of folks are going along, not just (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: IP (was: Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?)

(...) Ah, right. I read your post as saying that it was OK to cut and paste HTML code[1], though not content itself. (...) A.C. Doyle? Quite probably something is wrong. It's just that I can't manage to see it either, which is why I asked you. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  "Terrorism" is just a scapegoat.

I was discussing the whole gun control thing with someone today. That person made a comment along the lines of, "what good will small arms do against a modern military." My reply was, "I don't know ask the PLO, IRA, Veit-Cong, or any other group (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Does it pay to be a Patriot?

I've been reading a lot about supposed infringements on civil liberties lately. It doesn't require a significant search to find a site highlighting an "infringement" that most citizens are ignorant of. I find much of the subject matter to be over my (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I can accept your formulation more readily because it doesn't appeal to deus ex machina, but I'm not comfortable with the notion of "inherency." How is inherency identified/verified, and who gets to decide what is inherent? Hmm. Now that I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

James, (...) Can you please give me examples on how corporations can take away your freedom, your liberty, your rights, etc.? The government can and does. Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator/CAD (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Excellent question. Flip answer is that we tolerate anything except intolerance, acted upon in a way that suppresses rights. As you point out 3 sentences on. (...) Rather narrowly from my observation. (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Elian Gonzales

(...) WARNING! Don't take your kids to America, you might never see them again! This is frought with danger. Based on China's human rights record (and gross overpopulation) if a Chinese family visited the USA with a young child, would you advocate (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:G3x13L.8HB@lugnet.com... (...) father. (...) the (...) to. We (...) decent (...) it (...) right (...) the (...) exist (...) that (...) I wonder if the human rights abuses of women in (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: LEGO Made in China & Charges of Racism

(...) Welcome to The United States of the Offended. For an interesting read try the "Bill of No Rights". One idea I always liked from it was that you do not have the right to be not offended. (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Newsbits

(...) Not actually, the third road is to implement preventatives that do nothing touching on individual privacy or denying anyone the most fundamental of civil rights. For example, planes could and should have been made more secure years ago -- it (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) Ding! I think I see the problem. It's a mistake to frame this as an issue of whether any person's rights are or are not compromised by the presence of a religious invocation on US currency. Instead, the issue should be identified as the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Libertarian Propaganda

(...) policies (...) and (...) Well, exactly what our national interests are is certainly a matter for debate. I was just saying that whatever we decide they are, it is fine to use force to protect them. But if by economic imperialism, you mean free (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) AIDS (...) lots of snip,snip,snip... (...) Plus they had the political/lobbying machine already rolling with the Gay Rights Movement. My father died from cardiac disease, my mother from cancer, I'm sure everyone here has their own ideas about (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment)

(...) What's wrong with that? Are you advocating limits on speech rights? If you don't want your kids exposed to porn and violence - monitor what they are watching. Just because the US is a democracy doesn't mean the the individual household has to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

  Re: A Brave New World

(...) It seems kind of contradictory to advocate tight control on the bodily functions of others and yet claim to value individual rights. Chris (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.975)

More:  Next Page >>