 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1841 – 1860 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

<skip> (...) Try to explain to an European what the creationists are doing right now in the Kansas, for example? We have to go centuries back when church (religion) has such a power here (at least in the Northern Europe). How bout the late shooting (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Ed Jones wrote: <the republicans tried to get clinton because he slept around> <old ground alert: this has been covered before but we can't have the record muddied here, I suffer from lastworditis as much as the next guy> No. They tried to get him (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) <2 days reading - edited for length> (...) critical. (...) and (...) I don't know so I can't argue - but life affirming and happiness go well together, so from your definition, Util... sounds cool. But from (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  (canceled)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  Re: Is this a good way to make money?

(...) I don't know the historical reason for the name satanism. The main point of the ideology was to be an alternative to christianity. While in christianity you should compromise in this life, awaiting a better afterlife, satanists took the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.440)

  Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Simon (and all Europeans and Americans of similar thinking); (...) Oh, yes, Europeans reactions to the whole Yugoslavia breakup has been stellar, hasn't it? Or is it that Europeans screamed for America to spend our own troops and money on it? Give (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  read this, then fight about it!

bill of no rights The following was written by State Representative Mitchell Kaye from Cobb County, GA. We, the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid any more riots, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

(...) I've just seen some very strange answers to this question. Jesse, I think what you've written comes closest to the truth. Eric Kingsley was pretty close to the mark too. Coming from the UK, I think that yes it is true that *in general* many (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.440)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

I'll respond to this one first, and Jesse's maybe later. (...) Hopefully I didn't come off as TOO self-righteous, because that would be a flaw, and I don't have any. :-) I think that's great, but why do you do it? If (...) Good question. I could (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.439)

  Re: Apology.

(...) Dave sums it up: (URL) did what he did *knowing* it breaks the ToU here. He did what he did *knowing* it was a violation of my privacy rights. He did what he did in his usual belligerent manner: ==+== See, I march to my own metronome, and the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

rights
(score: 0.439)

  Re: Conspiracy theories

(...) That honestly doesn't sound suspicious to me, since, had the US Gov't *not* purchased the exclusive rights, then the Taliban could easily have watched US troop movements; there's no reasonable way to conclude (but *speculation* is fair game) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.439)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

David: I think a lot of that shows a poor understanding of what is actually taking place in our good country. The reasons to keep drugs (currently illicit drugs) ILLEGAL are: 1. Increased government income (nondeclared, slips easily into one's (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.439)

  Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)

(...) Wow, and I didn't even have to pay him (much) to ask me that :) Phase I: Desire Humans have emotions about their state. Very basic. "Happy", "sad". (Normally I might say "good" or "bad", but that's easily equatable with morality, so I'll (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.438)

  Re: Anthrax worse than AIDS?

(...) Foreign patents are no less important than US patents in my view and that of Mr. Goldberg (URL)To me it seems the US are trying to save some money in this case, whereas (...) Mr. Goldberg makes the argument that this attempt to steal Bayer's (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.438)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Is it, therefore, unconstitutional that the government require ID checks prior to allowing admission into CDC labs, for instance? These are government property, ie: public property, are they not? Dave! (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.438)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Right to privacy. Right against unreasonable search and seizure.... Absent of being suspected of a specific crime there is no constitutional requirement to say who in particular you are if you are in a public place. Certainly private property (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.437)

  Re: mine mine mine (was Re: I miss the old LUGNET...)

(...) I agree completely with Scott. It is reasonable in general to protect ones rights to IP. The manner in which various people do this is another matter entirely. Chris (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.436)

  Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!

(...) When I said "that" I was referring to someone being tagged as a sex offender (for statutory rape if both parties "consent", that is, no violence was involved, and both parties are under age. (yes they might be below the age of consent...)) for (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.435)

  Re: More on Airport security.

(...) Which property of the airlines are you talking? Their god given right to fly above people? (...) The essential difference between these two is this: There IS a right to freedom of speech, but there is NO right to freedom of flight. (...) If (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.435)

  Re: Another Q for the Ambassadors to ask TLG, please?

(...) Heh, we'll have to agree to disagree there. I just don't think they mesh with the System at all. (...) Wouldn't it be nice? I think one of the reasons that there's so little traffic on Lugnet these days is due in part to the fact that a (...) (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.435)

More:  Next Page >>