 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1521 – 1540 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Is space property?

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) special (...) If you're going to include land and air, then water, too. Don't we then get into the old, old problem of how best to manage common resources? Kevin (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.992)

  Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)

(...) Doh! Well, my cool ontological musings remain in effect regardless... Dave! (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.992)

  Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)

(...) Why? Why, in particular is is 'wicked' to make the best deal you can for something. We're assuming that the person you're dealing with is competent and you are not being fraudulent, right? Is selling your body off for spare parts (and thus (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.992)

  Re: Is space property?

Frank Filz wrote in message <3A513F9C.2142BF82@m...ng.com>... (...) I would agree that life probably can't become even mostly fair for humanity as a whole. However, that would be a very poor excuse not to strive to push things in the _direction_ of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)

(...) Uh oh...I was trimming too liberally and misrepresented DaveE's stance. Immediately before his "communistic ideal" comment, I had written "I think I think that land should be a commons, tragedy or not." Totally, my bad! Chris (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)

(...) First, your stance seems to assume that notions like 'competent,' 'fraudulent,' and 'fully informed' are binary in nature and that a person is on one side or another of a clearly demarked line. I don't think that's so. Second, It's still my (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Intellectual Property Question

(...) Richard: use Bush’s tax cut to buy shares in these companies and live on the dividend. When you spend the income, your unemployed countrymen will get jobs flipping ‘burgers (say) for you! Have you never heard of “trickle-down-economics”?! (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Right to privacy. Right against unreasonable search and seizure.... Absent of being suspected of a specific crime there is no constitutional requirement to say who in particular you are if you are in a public place. Certainly private property (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?

(...) They both equal natural "rights" to try to thrive and succeed. If both are in competition, the one that can reproduce more or faster, or finds a niche in a specific environment, may be the one who survives longer. Look at "Africanized" honey (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Idiots, Part Deux

(...) Why would the value of the relationship change depending on who took it away? Do other pieces of property change their value depending on who takes them away? (...) I don't think that matches with what you've said earlier: you declared the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: LP POINT 1

<cut> (...) Opps. I forgot to say, that fact the LP would stop me from switching the lights on in my own house, is not the only problem I have with it, or libertarianism. Most of the rest evolve from what we discuss here: (URL) And I already told (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Is space property?

(...) Bwaaaahahhahahahaha! I can't believe I did that! *Last* century. Last. d'oh, LFB (Now if only I could stop writing "19" on my cheques...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: More on Airport security.

(...) Which property of the airlines are you talking? Their god given right to fly above people? (...) The essential difference between these two is this: There IS a right to freedom of speech, but there is NO right to freedom of flight. (...) If (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: May Day "riots" in London

(...) Bull. Destruction of property has a very valid role in aggressive conflict resolution. It is a key part of disrupting mobility and supply infrastructure. Were I to stage a revolt, careful distruction of property would be the PRIMARY means of (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Go ahead, make my day!

(...) It's interesting reading. The defense of property part is what I suspected it might be - even though that is couched in "reasonable belief" terms and "can't get the property back" terms, tackling a guy running off with your stereo is fraught (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) I was off by a bit: "To have a right ... is ... to have something which society ought to defend me in the possession of." And also: "When we call anything a person's right, we mean that he has a valid claim on society to protect him in the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.991)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) This is how I feel thus it is true to me. I think the fundemental condition of "right" already existed in nature, as nature is our inspiration for nearly everything else-- art, music, even science. Our arts often try to capture that essence (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.991)

  Re: LP POINT 3.2

(...) Sqirmity squirm. (...) "Directions"? ROTFL. (...) Sqirmity squirm. (...) I think it is. I welcome it. It is gratifying to speak with individuals who are interested in addressing the points... rather than the crowd. "The man who follows the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.990)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Hmm. If I was a kid in this class I'd steal my teacher's car. How could they press charges, given their professed beliefs? Bruce (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.990)

  Re: DMCA

(...) So you're objection is that the DMCA prevents the theft of intellectual property? I don't see the problem. Copyright law for motion pictures, for instance, has long prohibited non-licensed public broadcast, so why should you be allowed to play (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.990)

More:  Next Page >>