 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1421 – 1440 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) I'm not convinced that the enjoyment value of the .debate group is added to when you make statements such as that one, which some may perceive as unnecessarily combative. I suggest you temper your words. I'm comfortable with the extraction I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.068)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) You have an exasperating habit of picking at irrelevent details when debating, and to my eye, the wording of your post suggests that you were doing it once again (though you didn't pounce on my grammar error, which is a bit surprising). When I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.068)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) You have many exasperating habits, but exhaustively enumerating them here is not likely to be productive. I think you need to get over your notion that I'm out to persecute you or whatever paranoid notion it is you hold. (...) I don't see the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.068)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) That's sorta irrelevant-- As I stated elsewhere, yes, I'm all for allowing polygamy, etc (provided some probably some other changes), and all for letting consenting aliens get married if we find any, but that's not the point. The proposed (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.067)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Dude, you've flat out told me to stay out of discussions where I've had more authority to participate than you, or where the only person who really had authority to answer was known to be incommunicado at that time. You may not be seeing (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.067)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) The good word I've always tried to share is that of freedom. Free minds, free markets. The problem is that neither "side"(1) gets it. The Right (that's you, John, and your ilk) wants to take away my personal *rights*. They are busily impinging (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.065)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) ...Or that I maintain an open mind, even when I am already fairly convinced of my viewpoint. Are you so arrogant that you believe it is possible for a human being to achieve total, certain understanding of these issues? (...) Listen to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.065)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) One issue at a time, John! If would-be polyandrists wish to marry in groups, let them plead their case. At present the issue pertains to two-party contracts. In any case, I have yet to hear a convincing argument as to why multi-party marriages (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.065)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Can I assume that the main knock on defining marriage as the union of 1 woman 1 man is that it discriminates (against gays). But doesn't your proposed definition discriminate against polyspousewanters? Why is your discriminating definition any (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.064)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) No, marriage is often used as a way to avoid deportation, which would be a non-issue if only citizens could get married. I don't believe either party has to be a citizen/national, so that a Canadian and a Mexican could meet up in Vegas on (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.064)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Theory is not fact. To extrapolate the worst possible scenario from a report and then state that "the UN has concluded ..." is a lie. (...) Bush is terrorizing the American public to further his personal political agenda. Sounds like (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.064)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2psB6.I3w@lugnet.com... (...) because (...) How does collecting dishes hurt society? People collect all kinds of things used by famous figures in history. Their fascination is more (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.062)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2pBv7.1uJp@lugnet.com... (...) I disagree. I recognize the amazing talent of Nazi designers of the time. Their engineers especially, but also their graphic designers. Nazi (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.062)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

Hello! (...) Yes. Those people think Nazi symbols and uniforms are cool because of the background, not because of their sheer look. And who thinks things with that background are "cool" is an idiot. That's what I think. I don't deny the fascination (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.062)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

This thread seems to have engendered a lot of discussion. Not all of it is for the long term good of the community, I fear, which is regrettable. I'm hopeful that this post might slow some of it down. I have asked Dan privately to be reinstated. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

all, rights
(score: 2.061)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) But the fact the TOS said what it did (summary action) isn't disputed, at least, I don't think. Did Dan have the right to ban Larry? Yes. Was it right for him to ban Larry, given the situation? No. Dan can do whatever the heck he wants with (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.061)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Now that's just ridiculous. While I would understand your concern if his TOS violation was in regards to non-payment or non-shipping, let's face it, it wasn't. It was about a particular policy which hadn't been clearly enough spelled out until (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.061)

  Re: A question for my Canadian pals

(...) What follows is all plowed ground... The above presents a false dichotomy in my view. It suggests that either those that are unlucky suffer, or else government has to transfer income (fundamentally, at the point of a gun, since taxation is not (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 2.059)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Read below. (...) No, no, not at all. My secret suspicion was that you could never worship any kind of god. I think I was correct by your responses below... (...) Never said worship was required. Besides, if it is your ideal God, then He (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.055)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) It also means homosexual in today's context. True it didn't always mean that, but regardless it's a common term nowadays to refer to homosexuals. (...) Well, you can't really sue LUGNET. They already reserved the right to discriminate for any (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.054)

More:  Next Page >>