 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1001 – 1020 of about 12000.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Quiet in here

(...) radical (...) No more than you meant that anyone religious is a right wing extremist. The problem in this matter is that only the outrageous get the attention and taint the entire issue. (...) Morality tanscends the state. It's not just a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.646)

  Re: Cuba

(...) I don't know--but if you take Cuba in comparison with the US pseudo-colonies in the Caribbean that masquerade as independent states, I'd much rather be Cuban. Compare Cuba with the Dominican Republic, Haiti, or even a place like Jamaica, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.645)

  Re: Pay It Forward

(...) What if person X *was* Adolf Hitler? Maybe your random act of charity might have forever changed him and prevented what he would have otherwise done. And, isn't the question "How do I know person X is deserving?" in itself "evil"? Are we (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.645)

  Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart

(...) more snip-age (...) Thanks for the info. I guess I was considering that a moot point since neither one of them had obtained the film company's permission first. I think that is something worth discussing since to achieve the end result of a (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.644)

  Re: Excellent article

(...) If you mean that you think I'm being too general, then we disagree. If you mean you think that what I meant was something more specific than what I wrote, then that is not correct. I believe that inherent in our humanity is the productive (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.644)

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) _Ender's Game_ isn't intended as (nor does it come off as) comedy. You'd have to actually read the book(1) to see why the premise of child warriors, in context, isn't nutty at all. The author does a pretty good job of setting the stage for why (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.643)

  Re: Excellent article

(...) Why? (...) So not only do they have no rights whatever, but you don't even have any responsibility to them? What if you are wrong about what they need? (...) Because you reject science as a way to determine and refine our understanding of the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.643)

  Re: Excellent article

(...) That's a fantastic question. But not specifically. The several books by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish are considered classics by those who believe that 'freedom without license' is the way to go, but they are actually somewhat more (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.642)

  Re: Excellent article

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks writes: <snipped everything> You assume too much. Or maybe I just didn't give enough detail on my parenting practices. My wife and I determine the law in our home. I balance the law in our home with (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.641)

  Re: Excellent article

(...) I would hope that everyone would like to see 20-year longitudinal studies. Then we would have some real knowledge to bandy about. (...) How? It didn't actually do anything. Mostly it came on pretty strongly that kids these days have too much, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.641)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

(...) Well, every argument can be beaten down to some foundational principle that is a mere assertion that some may not agree with. I am not sure I have ever seen a philosophical argument that didn't ultimately break down that way. I'd be well (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.639)

  Re: Victories for smokefree ballot initiatives

(...) Even if it violates people's rights? (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.638)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) The US Constitution and Bill of Rights, coined by the founding fathers, all rights are God given. As in the "rights" of health care, etc., in theory, all are good ideas, in utopia. In reality, there is a difference. What does the market do? (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.638)

  Re: Drugs and guns

(...) :-) (...) The smiley was meant (though obviously unsuccessfully) to point to my silly irony and indicate that such a result would _not_ be the best possible outcome. But I do think that it would be the outcome of a gun ban in the US. And I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.638)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) even (...) Yep, and we collectively agreed that the more successful people would do the major part in paying these taxes. Against their will (and rights) of course. (...) can't (...) People who are on (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.637)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) So don't bother trying at all, eh? Is there any way to prove your notion, Tom? I think America could at least TRY to ban all handguns, for heaven's sake. And make penalties stiffer for people, namely criminals, found with guns. I really hate (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.637)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

I'm going to address a few selective points here, please excuse me - tonight is my 9th wedding anniversary - goin out for a nice dinner. (...) That is very true. An armed and highly visible guard would have affected his decision, but I would contend (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.637)

  Re: Drugs and guns

(...) I don't think it was humor. I think he was being snotty. (...) Only if you consider a national bloodbath and endless guerilla war "bad." :-) (...) Ayup! And you know why we won't end the war on drugs? Because the police support it. You know (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.637)

  Re: Laws about sex.... (was something else)

(...) And this is something we need to be extremely carefull of. Anyone can become a suspect. Probing of suspects (and witnesses) must be based on careful documentation of the expectation of finding something. Extreme care must also be taken to keep (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.637)

  Re: More Election Bad News?

(...) Well, since the returns were suggesting that this is going to pass 2:1, it looks like this is a good time to bring this thread back into play. Michigan doesn't really have a reputation as a gay-friendly State (outside of Saugatuck, at least), (...) (20 years ago, 3-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.637)

More:  Next Page >>