 Off-Topic / Debate / 3250
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 03:50:33 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Wow, I guess this most be where most leftists think health-care is a
right, much less anything else (Housing, etc.) I can imagine if the UN

Many rights are things we as a society make up. (As opposed to being somehow
natural or god-given.) That doesn't mean that they're not good ideas! Why
isn't it good to say that all people deserve be taken care of when they're
sick?

The US Constitution and Bill of Rights, coined by the founding fathers,
all rights are God given. As in the "rights" of health care, etc., in
theory, all are good ideas, in utopia. In reality, there is a
difference. What does the market do? Who will pay for it? Is it in the
nations best interest. Who will enforce it? Will we lose national
sovereignty, etc.

Did you also notice that in the background, there are wonderful little
words like peace, etc. I am surprised they don't have diversity in there as
well.

Oh wow, "peace". What a terrible thing! We certainly can't have that!

Well, I just grabbed one word from back there. Again, it sounds good,
but they need to practice what they preach, so to speak. The UN is
garbage, as far as I am concerned, no matter what "good karma" they try
to spread.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html