 Off-Topic / Debate / 3252
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:21:49 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
The US Constitution and Bill of Rights, coined by the founding fathers,
all rights are God given.

This sentence doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Can you rephrase/explain
what you're saying?

As in the "rights" of health care, etc., in theory, all are good ideas, in
utopia. In reality, there is a difference. What does the market do? Who
will pay for it? Is it in the nations best interest. Who will enforce it?
Will we lose national sovereignty, etc.

Ok. So if they're good ideas in a perfect world, is there a problem with
saying that those are things we want to strive for as a
society/cuture/nation/people?