 Off-Topic / Debate / 9483
Re: Kunimasa Fujisawa's AMAZING mecha!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:41:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GA63sM.B0L@lugnet.com, Mladen Pejic wrote:
"I'm so glad you consider my models "pretty good", not great, or creative, or
cool, but "pretty good". "Pretty good" as in, "Gee, these Town Jr. models are
pretty good..." OR "Gee, my six-year-olds LEGO creations sure are
pretty good...

Yessiree my models sure are "PRETTY GOOD", Eric!

As you can see, I'm not flattered.

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://members.attcanada.ca/~milovan/index.htm

Congratulations. you've managed to yet again twist an attempted compliment
around and insult the person trying to pay you a compliment.

Like the time someone told you you'd improved and you went off on them.
(I  just don't even feel like looking it up)

Just exactly where do you get off anyway?

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

Mark, I won't try to defeind Mladen's response, but I do understand his
gut-level reaction.  When I read your comment yesterday, it sounded to me
like a "looking down on someone" kind of comment.  I figured I musta been
mistaking your meaning, but it seemed to stand out.  I'd seen similar sorts
of confusions in the trains area.

IME, giving praise isn't always easy, and the phrase "pretty good" isn't
always a compliment.

--Todd