 Off-Topic / Debate / 9478
  Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

It Begins. (URL) a guy. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Wait. The former governor of Texas loves oil companies? Well, that's a huge shock. eric (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Hail, Grand Admiral, Sir! Sgt. Farkas requests permission to speak freely, Sir. I read the story and didn't see anything about oil. Also, you can't discount his (W's) stated concern about energy prices, especially living on the west coast. And (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Betch ol' "W" will be helpin' promote his homeland's other interest, should Mad Cow threaten his other buddies. Here's a new slogan for "W": "Beef and Oil, goes together like Dorothy and the Wicked Witch. Home cooking, like mama used to make." (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) I can't believe you think his concerns are noble. His concern is for all those big factories that are going to line his pockets (or donate to his next campaign, or whatever) when he allows them to spew carbon dioxide in copious amounts. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

I forgot a couple things, sorry. :^P (...) Many of the old power generators are driven by diesel engines. Coal engines, too. (...) Found this a few minutes ago. (URL) Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Perhaps he's referring to this: (URL) wait, my mistake--that article identifies the greenhouse effect as real. And before anyone gripes about the Clinton News Network pushing a pointy-headed liberal agenda, the study appears in the scientific (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) You're aware, I trust, that the President can pardon whomever he (or, when the time comes, she) chooses, right? Perhaps we might ask why Bush pardoned Weinberger or why Ford pardoned Nixon. Obviously the Rich pardon was performed in a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't demonstrated, here or in Texas, that he's one of those kinds of politicians yet. (...) That would be better than selling "nucular" technology to foreign enemies for campaign (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) He's demonstrated in two big ways so far that he's not the President he was campaigning to be. The "Uniter-not-a-divider" has rammed far-Right policy and cabinet appointments down the throat of bipartisanship, and now he's backed off a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

I personally don't think global warming from our CO2 output is an issue AT THIS time. However, if we continue to level all the greenery near the equator that converts the CO2 to O2 that is useful to us, it might actually become an issue in the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

Hi, I'll go to Tom first and Bill second. (...) Not in terms of breathing, but in terms of heat dissipation, it's better an issue now when something can theoretically be done about it. If cleaner plants mean higher energy costs, IMHO the best (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes: !!!KA-SNIP!!! (...) I finally had a chance to look some things up. Here's what I found in 30 minutes time: (URL) haven't read each and every one of these, so I'm not vouching for them - you (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Some of them are extremely misguided at best (the nucleardann guy in particular), but a few of them underscore the "mechanics" point I was making earlier--for example, the Stanford data on solar output. I think I've been lumped by using the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) Dave!: Proportionately, developing nations do indeed put greater amounts of pollutants into the atmosphere than developed nations - chiefly because poorer countries either lack, or have chosen not to install, pollution control devices that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) That's a very good point. "Proportionately" is a tricky word in this context because ultimately it's the net amount (and severity) of pollution, not the relative amount that's important. (...) 8^) I'm a recent import to Pittsburgh, but I've (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!

(...) He's been pretty much a straight corporate shill. Nor does he care the slightest about California voters, just corporate profit. I'm not surprised at any of this, but I am surprised at the people in denial about it both before the election and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)