 Off-Topic / Debate / 9512
Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GA9wp9.C3K@lugnet.com, Bill Farkas wrote:

I read the story and didn't see anything about oil. Also, you can't discount
his (W's) stated concern about energy prices, especially living on the west
coast.

I can't believe you think his concerns are noble.

I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He hasn't demonstrated, here
or in Texas, that he's one of those kinds of politicians yet.

His concern is for all those big factories that are going to line his
pockets (or donate to his next campaign, or whatever) when he allows them to
spew carbon dioxide in copious amounts.

That would be better than selling "nucular" technology to foreign enemies
for campaign contributions, wouldn't it? And how 'bout Big Unions, etc.

All he said was that he wasn't going to do it right now because of high
energy prices, that doesn't preclude him from doing it in the future.

Washington State power companies are currently charging us out the yahoos
and telling us to conserve so they can sell our power to California. But
wait! Big businesses are getting power rate cuts when they conserve! But not
us little people, sorry.

And this is all because of environmentalists and the nonexistent energy
policy of the last eight years. Big business makes the world go 'round -
they deserve a break. Democrat tax policy puts small business out of
business thereby ensuring the longevity and growth of Big business anyhow.

And as far as Big Oil is concerned...ever here of a guy named Mark Rich -
the Big Oil tycoon who purchased a pardon?! Democrats are such
"hippie-cricks". (Anyone remember where that's from?) They complain about
and try to sue tobacco companies and then offer homeless people cigarettes
if they vote - so much for being against smoking and for the homeless!

Bill, all politicians are hypocrites.

I agree about 90% of them are, but not all.

I also disagree with Miss Whitman's statement that global warming is a "real
phenomena." There are many studies that say it is not. IMO, it's a tool of
environmental extremists to punish prosperity and capitalism in this
country.

Really? Which studies? Please be specific.

I drive alot and listen to alot of 24-hour news stations, I heard about it
many times there. I'll look when I get a chance - I'm currently in St. Louis
heading for Baltimore.

Third-world countries produce far more pollution than the entire
U.S. does and no one targets them.

How do you suggest we control their emissions? Invade?

I can rally the troops at your command, Grand Admiral Sir!

My point was that only the U.S. is the target and concern for all of the
controls and restrictions by international interests. Environmentalists feel
guilty about our prosperity. Homeless activists (same ilk) will sleep on
sewer grates so they can "identify" with them, but won't accept them into
their own homes to shelter them. What does that achieve? CFC's were the
boogey-man of the past and were also shown to little to no effect on the
environment.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Bill