 Off-Topic / Debate / 9514
Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 05:49:02 GMT

I personally don't think global warming from our CO2 output is an issue AT THIS
time.  However, if we continue to level all the greenery near the equator that
converts the CO2 to O2 that is useful to us, it might actually become an issue
in the future.

HOWEVER.  The US is the major contributor of CO2 to the atmosphere BAR NONE.
You need to specify WHICH pollutants you are talking about when saying the US
pollutes less.  Also, the US pressures smaller countries in many ways to reduce
their pollutants, yet does a pretty good job of ignoring the rest of the worlds
request to reduce ours.

Bill Farkas wrote:

I also disagree with Miss Whitman's statement that global warming is a "real
phenomena." There are many studies that say it is not. IMO, it's a tool of
environmental extremists to punish prosperity and capitalism in this
country. Third-world countries produce far more pollution than the entire
U.S. does and no one targets them.

That's all, Your Muffin-ness.

Bill

--